twelve

Lynna's POV

The light from outside my window slowly woke me up. I kept my eyes closed for a moment, too nervous to open them. I was still wrapped up in Josh, although, we had moved around some.

I forced them open, observing Josh and I. Somehow, I was turned inwards more, and Josh was leaned a bit further over on the couch. It was rather comfortable, I didn't want to get up. I listened to his breathing, his chest rising up and down under my cheek. He was so warm, everything was perfect.

Nonetheless, I had to make us breakfast like promised. It was almost 10 already, surprisingly later than I expected it to be. I did my usual morning things, preparing myself to cook.

I chose my Gregory Alan Isakov vinyl, 'This Empty Northern Hemisphere.' It was peaceful in the kitchen, Sergio helping me cook. I decided to make crêpes, they were simple enough, yet very good. They would go well with the fruit.

I was in my own space, trying to carry the milk without spilling. I was doing just great, that was until Josh decided to jump out on infront of me. Not only did it make me scream, but also caused me to spill the milk.

Josh, who found himself much to close to the measuring cup, ended up with milk all over his shirt.

"Shit." I said, feeling terrible. "I'm so sorry."

"No, no, it's okay." He laughed. "It's not your fault, I scared you."

He started to take his shirt off, startling me a bit. I had saw him shirtless before, but not in my own apartment. It felt different in this setting.

"Do you want me to wash it?" I asked, wiping up the spilled milk.

"No, I'm just gonna rinse it out." He said, going towards the sink.

"Well, you can throw it in the dryer, it shouldn't take that long." I offered, not wanting him to walk around with a soaking shirt. He returned to the room shortly after, observing me at the counter.

"It smells good." He said, eyeing the food.

"Just a few more minutes." I laughed, being able to see that he was hungry.

"Do you need any help?" He asked.

"Nope, I got it." I smiled. We talked a bit while I cooked, little things. He asked about my music, I told him as much as I knew.

"You didn't take long to fall asleep last night." He said, making me smile at the mere thought of it.

"I was tired." I said. "And it was very comfy on the couch."

"It was." He agreed. "You didn't get to watch all of your movie though."

"I can watch it whenever." I shrugged, not worried about it. "Did you watch all of it?"

"For the most part. The last I remember is when she had that yellow dress." He said.

"Aw, you were almost to the good parts." I laughed. "Did you like it?"

"It wasn't bad." He smiled. "I was planning on changing it, but you prevented that from happening."

"And, to be honest, I'm not sorry." I said, being completely honest. He laughed at me, shaking his head.

"And, I'm not complaining." He smiled. I looked to him, processing what he said. I didn't have much more time to think as the food was done. I prepared Josh's plate, wanting it to be fancy.

I set the plate down in front of him, he looked at it carefully.

"It's too pretty to eat." He said.