twenty six

Lynna's POV

This must be what withdrawal feels like. I woke up, and everything in me wanted to cry. I couldn't cry, due to falling asleep after crying last night. Dragging myself to work was even worse, having to go back to normal life. Frankie and I were both feeling the same, her complaining to me throughout the day.

Although I loved my job, I was starting to weigh my options. It was seeming so much more appealing to just leave, choose the road. Josh had texted me throughout the day, updating me on their trip. They had left for their next gig this morning. He seemed just as sorrowful as me, sounding like we hadn't seen each other in a million years. He was already planning for when we saw each other next, wanting to take me out.

I was on my 'lunch' break, petting the cat that hung around my job. I nearly jumped out of my seat when my phone vibrated. I looked at the phone, an unknown number calling me. Most people didn't answer, but I loved possible spam calls.

"Yes?" I spoke into the phone, trying to sound annoyed.

"Hey, isn't this Lynna?" A voice spoke, that I had a strange feeling I knew.

"Um, yes, who is this?" I asked confused, loosing the dumb tone I had.

"It's Karen, Josh's mom." I felt stupid when she said that, knowing I should've recognized her voice.

"Oh, hi!" I said, trying to act like I didn't answer the phone that way. "Josh said you might call me soon."

"I'm surprised he didn't forget." She laughed. "I heard you were just with them, how are they doing?"

"They're amazing, they're so in their element with all the band stuff." I smiled thinking about it. "Although, they do bicker a lot."

"They tend to do that." She said, knowing her boys all too well. "Anyways, back to the reason I called you. I was wanting to talk about your pieces. My friend really loved your works, and they want to see some more of your stuff."

"Really?" I asked. "That's so cool, oh my gosh."

"It is very neat." She laughed at the amazement in my voice. "So, I was going to see if you wanted to come out to Frankenmuth sometime soon."

"Yeah, of course, I'm down for whatever." I said eagerly. "When do you think would be a good time?"

"The sooner we meet, the sooner you get into the shows." She said.

"Uh, I'm free tonight." I felt slightly overwhelmed, but it was a good overwhelmed.

"That would be perfect." She said warmly. "And, Ron will be home tonight, you'd get to see her."

"I definitely can't pass that up." I laughed. "So, when do you want me there?"

"Whenever is good for you, I'm sure you have things to do." She said. "Just bring a few of your pieces, so that we can have plenty of options."

"I can do that. I'll head over after work." I said excitedly. "Oh, and I'll bring your plant back to you."

"Alright, that sounds perfect." She laughed. "See you then."

"Bye." I was so excited, I wanted to jump out of my seat. I had to tell Josh, and Frankie, I needed to tell someone. I felt so anxious and excited, there was so many emotions.

I came down from my 'high' about my art, realizing I was driving to Frankenmuth without the boys. I was nervous enough around the parents when I was with the boys, now I had to do it alone. Now, I was also dating Josh, that had to be followed by some questions. I felt everything inside me starting to panic as I got closer to Frankenmuth. Josh was trying to assure me that I would be fine, which only helped a little bit.