twenty seven

Lynna's POV

I was sleeping perfectly fine until my phone went off, making me want to cry. I felt a bit excited, thinking it was Josh. You can imagine the confusion I felt when my I realized it was my brother calling me.

"Uh, hi?" I answered confusedly, trying to figure out why he would be calling me. We weren't really people that just called each other.

"Lu, when we're you going to tell me you're dating a motherfucking singer from a band?" He asked, not even saying hello. "Let alone a band I've loved for a while."

"Wait, you know Greta?" I asked, amazed.

"That's not the point." He replied sassily.

"Okay, Axel, don't get snippy." I said. "I just woke up, it's too early for that."

"It's 9 o'clock, that's not early." He said, already sounding disapproving. "Back to the boyfriend."

"Okay, well, his names Josh." I said. "And, I was going to tell you eventually, I just forgot."

"I can't believe I had to learn it from Sara." He said.

"How is she?" I asked, wanting to know about my sister in law.

"She's fine." He answered. "And, I'm confused, I thought you were a lesbian."

"I don't care who it is. I fall in love with souls." I said, him making a disgusted noise from the other side. "If I have to know your love life, it's only fair you know mine."

"When do I get to meet this guy?" He asked, ignoring what I said.

"I don't know." I said, feeling nervous at the prospect of it.

"Besides the fact that you're dating, it would be cool to meet him, they have amazing music." He said.

"Aw, look at you fangirling." I smiled, him not sounding pleased at my use of words.

"Lulu, never call it that again." He sighed.

"Axel, never call me 'lulu' again." I said, hating that nickname.

"I've called you that for forever." He said, not sounding like he was going to stop anytime soon. "Seriously, I'm not going to just stop calling you that because you think you're too cool for it."

"I hate you." I said. "I'm going back to bed."

"No, no." He said quickly, before I could hang up. "I want to meet him, and it's time we see each other again."

"It has been a while." I said, trying to remember the last time I saw him. "I think they're going to be in Pennsylvania pretty soon, we could go there."

"That's a long drive." He complained.

"It's an even longer drive to Michigan." I said. "You need to leave Maine every once in a while."

"I don't see why." He said, once again in a sassy tone. "How long have you two been dating?"

"Around 3 weeks." I answered.

"Oh. Thats not long at all." He said surprised.

"We've known each other for a lot longer than that." I said. "We were basically dating before we like started dating."

"I don't wanna know." He said, sounding disgusted. "Sara says hi."

"Tell her I say 'hi' back." I smiled. "I would love to talk, but I have business to attend to."