three

Lynn's POV

"You wanna come with me tonight?" I asked, going through my bag.

"I can't. I know I'll get a drink, and I know I won't stop, and I have to be up at 6 to get my plane." Frankie sighed. "But update me on mystery man."

"I will." I smiled, going in to hug her goodbye. "Love you, be safe."

"Love you too." I left out her apartment, heading down the hall towards the bar. I waited for the elevator to chime, finally the doors opened.

"Oh, sorry." I said, backing away from the door.

"Oh, no, you can come in here." The girl smiled, making room for me.

"You sure?" I asked, only making the girl nod. I joined her in the elevator, trying to be smooth. She looked familiar, but at the same time, she didn't.

"I know this is odd, but I feel like I've seen you before." I spoke, trying not to weird her out.

"Uh, maybe we've met, I'm not sure. I'm Veronica, Ronnie, Kiszka." She smiled.

"It doesn't sound familiar. I'm Lynna Ceira." I smiled. "Do you live in the complex?"

"No, I'm visiting my brothers, I happened to be in town." She said.

"That's sweet." I said. "That's so weird, I cannot place you for the life of me."

"Maybe I just have one of those faces." She shrugged.

"Maybe." I laughed. "It was nice meeting you."

"You too."

I excitedly waited for the band to go on the stage, preparing my sketch. I had got the twins mostly done, I needed to move onto the other two.

Once they took the stage, the singer introduced them, once again failing to recognize himself. I groaned knowing this would be tantalizing still not knowing his name.

It was odd just how quickly the singer found me in the crowd. His eyes laid on mine for a moment, before sending me a smile. I had to do everything in my willpower to not look like an idiot.

The music moved on, carrying the time. They were pretty good, I was growing fond of their music. I liked when they sang 'a change is gonna come.' I had been familiar with the song for years, as my grandmother had a thing for Sam Cooke, she even met him once.

I couldn't help but steal looks to the singer, even though I was drawing the bassist and drummer. I was almost sure he looked to me as well.

I wasn't sure what I'd do after this project, I had grown so attached to it. I really enjoyed drawing these boys, their features had me in awe. And maybe the fact that, I wouldn't have an excuse to show up to their shows once I finished.

The band's night came to an end, I was already waiting for the next gig. I took a break from my drawing. I went to the bar to get a small drink.

"What brings you here tonight?" A voice rang, but not the one I was hoping. I looked to see a man, maybe a few years older than me.

"Uh, just took a little break." I said, attempting to smile. I wasn't one to be rude, but I had the feeling he wasn't necessarily wanting to be friends.

"What drink are you getting?"

"That one, the 'Red Head.'" I said.

"Well, you're not a red head." He smiled.

"Good observation." I nodded, not being able to avoid being snarky.

"Something wrong?" He asked, his face flickering in a way that alarmed me.