twenty two

Lynna's POV

I nearly fell out of the car when we pulled up. I hadn't moved my legs in so long. Frankie told Jake we were at the hotel so he could come down and get us. We got a room a little ways down from theirs, just far enough to where they wouldn't hear our voices.

I was in the process of getting our room key when Jake appeared in the lobby.

"Jake!" Frankie said excitedly, bombarding him with a hug. He looked just as happy to see us, making his way over to me. I gave him a hug, glad to see him again. Jake helped us to get our bags, leading the way to our floor.

"How'd you get away from them?" Frankie asked as we walked.

"I told them I was coming to get a drink." He said. "Oh, I should probably get one so he doesn't get suspicious."

We stopped for a moment, us also getting something to drink. I felt all my nerves in my stomach jumbling up. I wasn't even going to see Josh for a few hours, but knowing how close I was to him was driving me mad.

"When we get to the venue, just text me and I'll come get you guys in, and then just make sure he doesn't see you." Jake said. "Avoid Sammy and Danny too, I haven't told them either."

"Aw, not even Danny?" Frankie whined. "I want to talk excitedly with more than just you."

"You can last til the end of the night, I promise." Jake smiled. We finally arrived on the floor, making our way down to our rooms. We were giggling about a joke Frankie made when a door opened.

"Oh, fuck." Jake let out as the door opened. We looked to the door confused, none other than Danny walking out of the door. He looked at us all stunned, the surprised look confirmed that Jake kept it secret.

"What...what are you guys doing here?" Danny asked.

"Shh, don't talk too loud!" Jake whisper shouted, making Danny check the door behind him.

"He's fixing to come out, we were gonna go smoke outside." Danny said, a panicked look on his face.

"Go, go!" Jake said, pushing us down to our room. I was fighting back the laughter I had, this whole situation being rather funny to me. Frankie was panicked, struggling to make the key card unlock the door.

"Hurry up!" Jake whispered loudly.

"I'm trying!" Frankie cried. Finally, the door clicked and got harshly pushed open. Jake shoved us in the room quickly.

"Stop laughing, Lynna!" Jake said, failing to hide his own laughter.

"I'm sorry!" I laughed.

"Just stay in here, I'll — " Jake stopped his sentence when a new voice emerged in the hallway. I wanted to run out there to him so bad, but I couldn't.

"Jake, what are you doing?" Josh asked, making Jake back away cooly.

"I met some people in the lobby." He said, motioning for us to close the door.

"Oh, well, c'mon. We're going downstairs." Josh said, not sounding completely sure of Jake. Frankie and I shut the door, immediately fighting to control our laughter.

"What are the fucking odds?" Frankie asked. "Nothing can ever work out smoothly."

"I thought it was fun." I shrugged, collapsing onto the bed.

"Maybe for you, you didn't have Jake yelling at you to hurry up!" She cried, flopping onto the other side of the bed. "Can we take a nap before the concert?"

"You can, I can't fall back asleep." I said. "I'm going to overthink everything until the concert."

"You do that." She hummed, already curling into the bed.