2

Third Person's POV

"School is only 5 minutes away Ms. Baek you should be prepared."

The driver informed Jia as he see her eyes are getting heavier and barely open.

"Hmmm."  She just nod her head.

When they finally arrived Jia isn't come out yet, she takes some times to admire the building a little bit before whispering to herself  'no wonder why it costs 120,000,000 won per year'.

Stepping out of the car she makes her steps clear and confident like she isn't a new student but like an old student who knows everything, everywhere here.

"Welcome to the Halley Ms. Baek Jia."  A man around his 40s greeting her with a handshake. He wears a brand name suit with a limited edition pairs of shoes looking all elegant from head to toe.

So she assumed, "Are you the principal?" She asked.

He shakes his head and smile at her.  "Mr. Yoon has a meeting today so I will be taking you for a tour instead.  I'm Kwon Jiwoong, a vice principal."

Jia nod her head again and start walking around having Mr Kwon as a tour guide showing her which room for which subjects.

The school is big but not too big. Even students here are not too crowded, everything is in well prepared and cleaned from the floor to the wall and to the ceiling.

"We have eight different sports and seven music instruments you can choose to add to your schedule." He added, "It is a must that you know how to play at least 2 music instruments."

"I do."  She replied while her eyes still roaming around.  "I play piano and violin since I was 5. Now it finally comes to a used."

"Good." He said and signal her to continue walking.

They walked pass so many rooms that has its name on the door like "Guitar", "Violin" or "Boxing" something like that based on its use. But there were some rooms that has others name she doesn't recognise what it's for.

"Seventeen, Bts , Golden boys ...".  Her brows knitted. "Mr Kwon what are these rooms for?"

"It's a private room for each group of students. For whoever has more than 3 people in their friend group they can get their own room."  He asked her to follow him in which he stop at the room named 'seventeen'.

Mr Kwon open the door and he was relieved that it is not locked. He took a step ahead before told her to come inside.

Jia was impressed by the decoration and how cleaned the room was. It's almost like a home living room with everything in it. A big, long sofa, a bar with so many different types of drinks with a big ping-pongs table and 3 different types of arcade games on the left next to the wall.

"This is Seventeen room. They got the biggest room here because they have 13 people."  He shrugged his shoulder like how she did it earlier.  "We crossed others people privacy by coming here. We shouldn't stay longer."

He proceeded to lead the way out as he finished his words, leaving Jia who still wandering around.

                       ___________________

It is 8:30am means it is time that class begins, students start showing up one by one and by the school gate in this hour are full of cars trying to drop them off on time.

Jia was there since 8 am but she purposely comes in late wanting her new classmates to get in first. So that everyone can see her and doesn't has to introduce herself twice.

"Attention please."  Said by the teacher who if not wrong around her late 20.  "I would like to inform that we have a new student today."  She then turns to give Jia her gummy sweet smile.

It was very noisy at first but what they heard shut them up immediately while eyes and attention are fully focused.

"You may introduce yourself now."  Said Mrs Kang which Jia found the name on her name badge.

Most students are often feel shy during their first day at a completely new place with new people. But she is Baek Jia for reasons.

Her head and shoulder are up, eyes are sharp keeping contact with everyone, brows raised up high but also grin a little bit trying not to be too serious.

"I'm Baek Jia."  She said.

"Your bio said you from abroad?"  Mrs Kang asked while reading Jia's bio paper.

"I moved to the state when i was young. I didn't get to speak Korean much there."

"Your Korean is too bad to understand." The girl sounds so unpleasant and rough with the way she asks showing clearly that she isn't pleased with Jia here.

'A short hair girl at the left side table, second row.' Jia said to herself, noting her face and seating position.

A grin on Jia's face earlier now become bigger. Showing no sign of fear in both her tone and gestures.
"Then talk to me in English if it's better for your understanding."

The whole class burst into laughter, more likely laughing at the girl hearing Jia response back in English. She knows most korean ain't good with english and it's not her choice to pull out someone insecurity. Either way she isn't here to be fed up with this welcoming attitude. And she also knows her Korean isn't that bad to get complain.

'Give them a taste of their own medicine'  is what Jia always said.

"Do not wasting time everybody."  Mrs Kang interrupted as she sensed the tension now isn't going to be positive with the outcome.  "Jia you can sit with Jeonghan. He is over there."

Mrs Kang pointed at the guy in the middle row third table. She doesn't complain at all because the guy at least looks more approachable than the rest.

"Can you speak English again?"  It was the first words he says to her. "You sound so cool. I like it."

Thanks God. He looks just like his personality, Jia couldn't be more thankful.

"Ohh, I'm Jeonghan."  Instead of a handshake he take her hand for a high 5 which she finds him so strange to be this playful with a total stranger he just knows 5 minutes ago.

Anyhow, it wouldn't hurt to just response, she thinks.

Jeonghan hand her a map of the school area explaining this and that very detailed, knowing that she can be lost in this complex big-spaces.

_____________________________________

Seventeen playroom