32

Jia's POV

"Is it good Jia?"  Uncle Jeon asked me how the food is even before i get to chew it probably. He seems so concentrated with my reaction as I take my first bite of the food he cook, which is considering a rare occasion by Jungkook.

"The meat is so tender." I nodded my head while chewing, trying to give the impression he was looking for. "This is definitely a 10 out of 10. If we run a restaurant this lamb steak have to be on our main course, uncle."  My father and Jungkook laughed at me but uncle Jeon looks like he really consider my idea to the next level that i think he currently picture himself as a chef already. He really doesn't look like a person who love to be in the kitchen and that's why they said not to judge a book by its cover.

"If we open a restaurant it should be a 6 stars restaurant that requires a reservation at least a month before."  Jungkook join in my not-going-to-happen plans. "Dad, you be a chef and uncle Baek as your assistant chef. And we both will be a server."  I looked at him with my most judging face ever i could make, because 2 minutes ago he laughed at me like my brain is twisted for saying something so out of mind. Now he is being more delusional than I do.

"I don't think the restaurant will do well."  My dad added and uncle Jeon glanced over at him immediately. He was beaming ear to ear enjoying our little fantasy earlier, but my dad is killing the joy.

"Why not?"  He raise one brow and ask.

"Because the chefs has anger issues, no one dare to come." My dad burst out laughing seeing uncle Jeon speechless reaction before he continues.  "So instead of saying 'welcome' we should say 'chefs don't bite, feel free to enter'." He said the fact that we all can't deny but laughed again because it's so hilarious. How come he come up with this? Then sudden realisation hit me that this is my very first time of my 17 years seeing my own father being so happy, like genuinely happy that he giggled until his face red. He even knows how to makes a joke too and it's a new side of him that I've just discovered today.

I watch him enjoying this homemade foods, teasing his only friend and joining the small talk unlike his familiar self, at least this is unfamiliar when he was with me. Or maybe i tend to see only the negativity, complaining about his selfishness whenever it comes to business and money and miss out the fact that this man is also a human. Just a normal human being who try his absolutely best to provide the most comfortable life he can for me (and his ambitions). Just because I never see him cry doesn't mean he never, like today, I never know he can make jokes too. And in my head, i wonder how long his good mood will last but still, appreciate these father and son for bringing that side of my dad i don't know existed.

I was happily digging in my cheesecake until I accidentally locked eyes with uncle Jeon who is staring into my soul the whole time I was minding my own business. Not in a weird way but he was observing me in a way that someone try to read your mind, hard. "Seriously Jia. You know I'm considering you as my own daughter too right?"  He finally speaking, with a smiling face looking all calm and relaxed but very serious too, while I'm feeling like fainting from not being able to predict what is he coming up next. "I just want to know if perhaps you are in any commitment relationship with anyone. I'm so curious and I want honesty from you, kid."

"I'm—

"I'm not like your dad, why are you getting goosebumps?" He teasingly wink at my dad whose eyes rolled up hearing the criticism. "You know I'm chill. I don't care about those things I'm just curious. Just in case you want to be my daughter in law."

The word daughter in law makes me want to crack up because at this point I don't even know if he's being serious or out of mind because this shit is ridiculous. Not like he doesn't see how me and his annoying son beefing all the time. I sometimes cursed and hit him in front of them dad too. But seeing his not serious but serious face, waiting for my answer I can't help but getting a huge hold inside my stomach. I glanced up at my dad's directions to see that he was also waiting for my reply too and my heart start beating so damn fast.