26

Third Person's POV

Baek's Resident*

"Are there going be a lot of people dad?" Jia asked her father before getting on the car, preparing to go to Jeon's mansion where the part host.

"Of course, he knows lots of people." Mr Baek told the driver to starts the engine before pulling out the Richard Mille RM57-05 Tourbillon Eagle 'Russia' watch off the box, he looks so pleased with what he's showing her. "I got him this. It's so hard to get, it better worth my money." Jia totally flabbergasted after knowing its price (1.2 million usd). He's not a type of big spender if it's not with purpose because this is not a gift at this point. It's an investment.

Mr Jeon is one of the top people in the industry with lots of connections and beneficial peoples around him who her father can build networks with in the future.
'Life is all about gains and profits.' Was always his favourite words to say that even people in the business society nicknames him a 'Korean money maker' and a role model of so many people in this industry of competitive marketplace. If Jeon Cheol-San is a devil then Baek Beom-Seok is his Satan friend in an angel form.

After taking about 25 minutes rides they are finally at the Jeon mansion. Her father was right, there are so many people here. She feels more like she is at the festival event than a birthday party.

"Here is my dear friend Baek Beom-Seok. You probably heard his name already." As soon as we stepped into the house Mr Jeon introduced her father to a women around her mid 40, except, she looks quite different from the other women here in the party. She has a short bob haircut and wearing suits that holding so much masculine energy than some men ever could. "Beom-Seok this is my cousin in law, admiral Kim Go-eun." Jia's father was almost startled to hear her name as he said he has always respect her through her works and also looks forward to see her one day. He is so good at saying all those things that makes people find difficult to not get flattered.

But the person next to him was even more surprise to realise who the woman is. Admiral Kim Go-eun, first female Chief of Naval Operation of the Republic of Korea. And if her brain isn't damaged just yet, this is definitely the one and only Wonwoo's mother who serves the military since she was 12 years old, is what Jeonghan once told her. No wonder why she has those energy that can be both scary and attractive even at her age. But let's put that aside because the fact that Mr Jeon and her husband are cousins will make Jungkook and Wonwoo relatives. 'But they hate each other.' Jia whispered to herself still not catching up with the rich families culture that stress her out the more she thinks about it, so she blames Yoon Jeonghan. Her gossipmonger for not doing his job right.

"Is she your daughter mr Baek?" Wonwoo's mother asked, referring to Jia who was told by her father to come closer and bow to the elders, she only knows a few. It's not surprising that Seungkwan's father, Hoshi's father and Jeonghan's parents are attending too. Like they said kids problems should never affect adults business. "Wonwoo said you helped him get the concert tickets last time. If it wasn't for your help my daughter would have cried a river already." She pat Jia's head and invited her to stop by her house for dinner sometime.

She can't help herself to not get jealous of Wonwoo. He doesn't know how lucky he is to have a good mother. She has too but a completely different one.

"Anything for you auntie." Jia replied, smiling and excuse herself to go to Jungkook who signal her to come his way.

"What takes you so long?" Jungkook complaints while handing her a glass of champagne before he takes her to their table but she tense up the moment she recognise their faces.

"Ahh, so your VIP guest you said is her?" Said by one of his shortest friend whose name is Jimin if she's not mistaken. "We were about to try jail food, thanks to you."  His friends find his joke funny but she doesn't, it could be funny too if she didn't almost sleep outside her house that day. thanks to her father.

"He was just joking, take a seat Jia."  Jungkook makes a space next to him as she officially says hi to everyone.

"Honestly we don't care you know." Jin blurted, watching Jungkook with his teasing smile. "Someone might not be happy if we hold grudges. You think so Taehyung?"  Then everyone laugh, like it's their inside joke that only them boys supposed to know.

Jia is not dense. She knows they're referring to Jungkook and his feelings for her. Only the blind can't get the hints when everything he does was so obvious, including the gifts he always sent to her house that she never even bothered to open them. But for now she doesn't want to be smart, if being smart meant she has to be aware of his feelings then it's better this way.

What she wasn't expecting today is to be this comfortable with the group of people she used to dislike. Honestly, they're not as bad as she thought they were. They like to joke around and they talk to her like they've known each other for a decade and make fun of her when she spilled drinks on her dress and have to changed into Jungkook's shirt that's a little too big on her.

"What are you doing here madam. Aren't you supposed to be in a hospital?"  Yoongi tease her when Jungkook commented that she looks like a psychiatric patient that sneak out of a hospital because the shirt is white and long similar to its apparel. But he has a point.

"If I'm insane then no one here is normal."  Jia reverse back to them and winked, being as much comfortable as they're with her. It makes her thinks of her friends, they're just like them only if they don't hate each other so much.

Ting* Ting*

Jia's face light up as soon as she sees her notification from the person who ghosted her for 2 days. She's been waiting for his text for so long.

Her mingyu.

He doesn't know how much she misses him and how many times she check her phone to see his notifications, but nothing show up even now

He doesn't know how much she misses him and how many times she check her phone to see his notifications, but nothing show up even now. With just two questions and he's off again. Jia is wondering if he was busy with her, his girlfriend?

If he tell her that he sleep all days maybe she would love to believe that lie more than the bitter truth because just the thought of them already make her sick. They're becoming her weakness now, the greatest weakness that she never wants to face.

"No phone allows on the table." The boys snatched her phone and claimed to keep it until the party end. So she let them be because right now, drinking is the only way that will help her sleep tonight before Mingyu starts giving her more headaches.

Because loving him is not easy.

Jk's instagram story

              ___________________________

Let's me know your thoughts abt this chapter so far. Luvvv uuu.