23

Third Person's POV

"Jeonghan-ahh i went to the mall yesterday and guess what I got you." Jia asked while holding the box behind her back to let him guess.

Jeonghan takes a moment to think and he gasped as soon as the answer comes to mind. "You got it? The wallet?"

"Yes!!" Jia handed over the newest collection Dior long wallet to her best friend who's been wanting it since last week. It reminded her of him as soon as she walk across the store. She had the urge to get it no matter what. "Is this your colour?"

"Of course it is." Jeonghan humming excitedly while taking his credit cards and money to put into his brand new wallet even though he just bought the old one last month.

"Don't tell the boys okay?" Jia lower her voice to tell him because class is almost start and she can hear them coming from the door. "I can't buy 13 of this or I'll go bankrupt." Not only Jeonghan finding her words funny but Jia herself too, because only she knows that it's all Mingyu's money and he paid for everything yesterday even this one. Because if Mingyu goes bankrupt then everyone might already be homeless.

"Hey bros." Dk's loud voice echoing the whole place as soon as he steps into the classroom along with Wonwoo, Joshua and Vernon who still looks half asleep. And people start coming one by one as class is about to begin. Jia keeps looking outside the door to see if Mingyu is coming, but not even his shadow so she text him secretly without letting Jeonghan see it.

Seeing the word 'babe' awake the butterflies inside her stomach

Seeing the word 'babe' awake the butterflies inside her stomach. She thinks she will go crazy soon because suddenly it's becoming her new favourite word.

"Stop your delulu Jia. Lesson has started 10 minutes ago."  Jeonghan words slap her back to reality and not letting her breath for 1 second. This man only job is getting on people nerves. He really good at that.

"I don't have the energy to talk to you."  Jia's ideas pop up and she suddenly pretend to look unwell while hugging her stomach in pain. But when Jeonghan asked her what happen she shake her head and lies that she's on her period and she might have to go to the nursing room. And even makes him take note for her too while she skip class.

'Kill two birds with one stone.'  She pat her own head and praising her sexy brain as she makes her way to the playroom to wait for her giant baby.

Not long after she heard the door cracked and recognises the owner of the fast, heavy footsteps immediately. "Have you waited long?"  Mingyu coming to her with 3 big and 1 small paper bags. It's obviously food. "I'm late because of this."

Jia gotten up from the sofa with her both arms wide open for a hug. "I need a morning hug from my crush, come on."  And just like that he grabs her and gave her a long, bear hug which is more like a tease because the hug is too tight she almost choke out of breath.

"Do you want to kill me pookie?"  She hits him lightly on the shoulder as he burst out laughing.

"If I want to kill you I wouldn't have to drive 1 and a half hour just to get this bagel sandwiches, pookie."  Mingyu handed Jia the small bag because this one is special custom for her usual order at her favourite shop. "Toasted bagel with extra avocado, no onion. And matcha latte with oatmeal for you, ma'am."

"I already had a big breakfast I'm not hungry."  He was taken aback for a moment not knowing that she was just teasing him.  "No, you have to eat with me. Please." Mingyu won't let his 1,5hour drive for nothing so he takes out the sandwich to feeds her and himself. Only that way she can't refuse to eat while he also help her finishing it. In Mingyu's hands, we believe no foods are wasted.

When everyone in class wishing for the break time, the two on the other hand happily enjoying their breakfast with no single soul interrupting their moment.

                   ________________________

Baek's Resident

It is noticeable that Jia lately is being a lot happier and friendlier to people at home. It's pretty oblivious that her face is glowing these days even her father who's barely home can feel it too. She would cook and then she would baked the day after and even shared it with everyone at home too. They kinda like this version of her a lot.

"Dad, i makes your favourite filet mignon with mushroom sauce. Come have a bite." Jia rush to help her father taking off his suit jacket since he just got home.

"You're so productive lately." He sat down and secretly studying her expression but also pretend not to sound interested in what he asked. "It's good that you're happy unless it's not relationship matters. Right?"

The word "Right" was emphasised even though his face remains the same, calm and uninterested. But she knows better of what he's asking. Instead of answering, she nodded. Her cheerful and glowy face earlier got replaced by a fake smile that forcing to agree with him.

Sometimes she wonder how is it feel like to be able to open up or talking freely with parent because hers isn't the type that open his heart to listen.

"Is uncle Jeon's birthday this Friday, dad?" Jia tried to change the subject and got response with just an 'hmm' as he was chewing on his food. "Can i not go?"

Her father paused a little bit to look at her. "I called your vice principal today and i was informed that you have no test until the 23th."  He even asked her why she skipped the first class yesterday and instantly, it gives her a cold feet, she almost could feel the blood in her veins because apparently she was with Mingyu. Jia now realised that her father might be busy all the time but somehow has his ways to keep tracks of her every movements which feels almost illegal to her.

In the eyes of others he appears to be so chill, in fact he's totally the opposite. It's all about his demand and needs that matters. And public image.

What else does she not know yet about her own father?

              ___________________________

Dk's IG