36

Jia's POV

Thing solved. I'll consider it as 'solved' even though deep down it's not, but at least I'm glad they decided not to dig further into the problem since it will create public interest if they take it to the court, like how they wish they could. Having big face like them are difficult to do things openly especially something that can cause scandals or else it will become an entertaining topic for the society people which is the first thing my father and Mingyu's father want to avoid most, but i don't think uncle Jeon cares.

But that's not important because what concerns me right now is how Mingyu is doing. We separated home from school almost 6 hours ago and he haven't responded to my text nor call since. He went home straight away with his father without looking back and I'm worried if he got scolded because of what happened which I will be soon too if I wasn't drag here for dinner by uncle Jeon.

"Pay attention when elders are talking

"Pay attention when elders are talking." My father adjust his sitting position, looking all serious and rough, it seems like he was trying to hold himself back from nagging me in front of Jungkook and his father. "Who are you texting at this hour Jia?"

"Mingyu." I said carelessly as I raised my phone up to his direction, showing the text. I don't want to behave like a brat but I'm having enough of them trying to set me up with Jungkook. It's not like I don't understand their intention, I'm just pretending to be deaf this whole time so that they'll take my hints but my dad is pushing me to my limit now.

"Baek Jia!" He raised his voice, stern.

"What dad?"

"Didn't I tell you to cut tie with that boy?"

"I don't want to." I reply, strongly refused to his unreasonable demands. "You can't order me around like that, I'm not food."

He slapped his hand on the table as he stand up, causing a loud noise in the dining area, it's not our house but I guess he can't hold it no more. "You're getting ridiculous everyday because of him Jia!" I really want to laugh at his face so bad, he always put all the blame to everyone but himself. The real issue never admit that they are. "Do you want to go back to the state, are you?"

"DAD!!" I shouted with all my voice as I now on my feet too because this man never do anything rather than pulling this card when he want to threaten me. I hate him, i hate how he always reminds me of that place, the place he used to abandoned me with a mother who never act like a mother even though he knows it's my deepest wound I never get to heal.

"Relax, relax everyone." Uncle Jeon trying to ease the intense situation by pouring wine into my father's glass and tell him to sit back down. "We're family after all and it's not a court, you don't have to shout to understand each other." Yes, this is how a father should talk, how elder should teach the kids.

My dad chocked down his wine before he speak up, which is basically just some ridiculous shit again. "We will talk normally only if she stop meeting that jerk."