30

Third Person's POV

Why a picture of him smiling suddenly become a pain in her heart? It's been the past 20 minutes since Jia staring at Mingyu's beaming and glowing face on his girlfriend's IG story

Why a picture of him smiling suddenly become a pain in her heart? It's been the past 20 minutes since Jia staring at Mingyu's beaming and glowing face on his girlfriend's IG story. She never thought about stocking or personally getting involved with this person. Surprisingly, the girl followed her on her social media account few days ago and Jia was sure that it was not a coincidence but the girl probably heard about her through their friends. They might have told her that Jia is the new friend and of course they want the girls to get to know each other.

One is happy to be friends while one hope to be as far as possible.

"Oh you guys follow each other already? That's interesting." Scoups takes a peek at Jia's phone and see what she's watching. "Nabi is so friendly and easygoing. You two will easily clicked."

Jia just nodded her head and didn't even force herself to smile. She's not in the mood to do all of that because what she wants to do the most right now is to go home. The boys arranged the dinner at Jun's family restaurant and dragged her to go, not knowing that it's a "welcome dinner" they prepared for Mingyu's girlfriend who is basically also their close friend. And it's been 30 minutes now since they waited for him to picked the girl up from the airport. Each minute is a battle of Jia fighting herself to not get out of this place because just the thought of seeing them together alone, already makes her anxiously want to throw up from anxiety.

Her pale face is very noticeable even the boys are looking at her weirdly from time to time.  "Jia, are you really okay?"  Dk finally decided to ask. "You look pale as hell."

"Are you cold? Should I get you a hot pack?"  Joshua added. He was ready to go get it from his car but Jia stops him and said that she just need a glass of hot water and she'll be fine.

"They're here! Finally."  Seungkwan shouted and they all started cheering and making noise that echoing the whole place with their loud voices, luckily it's a private room. They went to hug Nabi while Jia remain still in her seat watching the girl getting excited and giggling with the boys. Jia finds her name fits her personality so well because if butterfly (Korean= Nabi)  is a person then it's definitely this girl. She carries that kind of positive energy that makes her more approachable to people and the sharp features that's very advantage for her modeling career. Jia can't deny that people will find it hard not to like this girl, and out of a sudden it drags her own confidence. She has money, this girl also has money. She thinks she's pretty, this girl also stunning. She glad to have the boys, so does this girl, she even knows them way way longer than her. And Jia slowly lost that kind of privilege in herself when she has it all her life, in just a matter of a half second.

But a moment that hits hard is when hers and Mingyu's eyes locked. A pang in the stomach appears when he looks at her with full of sympathy, he feels sorry for her but at time like this what can he do? And she absolutely hates it, hates it so much when someone she loves is in the hands of other, hates it when she can't do anything about it and hates it even more when he allowed moment like this to happen.

"So you're Jia? Nice to meet you."  Nabi walks to Jia and gives her a light hug like people would do when they're looking forward to see someone for so long. "Actually, i heard a lot about you from these boys. Honey you're even prettier outside."

"Thank you, and—.... You too."  Jia was too stunned to give the right response as she try her best to force her quick smiled while Nabi cluelessly keeps the conversation going like water flow.

She yank her suitcase open and pull out a ton of things from it, she even has a separate suitcase for the stuff she brought from Switzerland. She just so similar to all of them, a gift giver. And Jia can hear her heart cracked again but into multiple pieces this time when she sees the girl tiptoeing to give Mingyu a kiss after making him wear a matching bracelet she got for them. Their friends howling to the couple being clingy but deep down they're all so used to it, so used to them being a lovey-dovey and this fact is a slap of reality check for Jia. Because he's smilingly, casually accepted it.

Just one simple gesture that break someone's heart in a split second.

They were sitting next to each other in line facing the chef who are performing their cooking skills. As they chatting and laughing, talking about their previous days, Jeonghan can feels Jia's hand trembling since he sit next to her. He sense something isn't quite right but he wish his intuition is wrong and that he just being paranoid. He wish, when deep down it was so obvious.

"Get your things, I will drive you home." He leans to her ear and whispered. At first she was confused but eventually, nodding her head rapidly. Because each minute is a one more minute of them mentally and emotionally tortured her. Jeonghan doesn't need to ask what happened, why is she uncomfortable or why she behaves the way she is. He just absorbed the situation so quickly and let her know that she doesn't have to explain to be understood, although he is completely against the idea of what's about to happen.

Jeonghan stand up and inform everyone that he has to take Jia home since she has private tutor and this class can't be cancel due to her strict father. They all try to stop her and help her find good excuses for her father because they haven't start and the food aren't even out yet. On the other side, Mingyu just stay completely stiff but his inside is going to explode soon as his girlfriend is next to him. And letting Jia go first seems like a better choice for them today. "It's okay Jia if you're busy." Nabi said, "We'll meet at school too. See you tomorrow, honey."

"See you."  Jia waves at them and takes one last quick glance at Mingyu before she heads out with Jeonghan. He has his arm wrapped around her shoulder as they walk, for emotional support or whatever she doesn't know but she prefers it this way. The way he lets you know that you'll have his back and everything will be okay but you need to stop panicking or stop trembling first.

Even during the ride is peaceful, they aren't even talking. Jeonghan just blasted his playlist on Bluetooth and hummed his favorite songs all the way home, very carelessly. But he surprised her at the last minute with the unexpected words, "Pull yourself together, we have class tomorrow."  He stops right in front of her gate before he speak up again, "Eat more and sleep more, Jia. You look ridiculously unhealthy these day."

Jia nod and say thanks to him, a genuine one before she gets off. His words might seemed normal but if you think a bit deeper you will know that those sentences aren't simple. He tried to hint her to pull herself together and be careful of whatever stupid things she's doing because he can see that something is up, so does everyone, will notice it.

 He tried to hint her to pull herself together and be careful of whatever stupid things she's doing because he can see that something is up, so does everyone, will notice it

  ____________________________

Does anyone here miss me? Cuz I miss u guys so much!! And stay tune for more intense chapters ahead. <3