16.

That weekend Hinata dropped the boys off with their father's before going on her date.
*
I'm sorry for making you mad daddy.

Yusuke was on his father's back as they strolled through the woods, listening to the radiant sounds of nature. "You didn't make me mad. I just have problems." The little guy smiled.

Sasuke caved in and decided to spend time with his son. He realized how selfish he was to sit and blame him for his problems.

No kid should ever be put in the middle of their parent's bullshit. Besides, the little fucker was funny. Always making corny jokes and doing small things to make him laugh.

Can we practice hitting targets?
Sasuke flung his hand and threw out a kunai, that perfectly landed on the tree.

"Mommy will be mad if she finds out I've been teaching you this." Yusuke rose 1 of his little fists in the air and roared out to the sky.

I won't tell!

Sasuke felt the beat of his heart rumbling. Hearing his son be so determined to work and practice at things bought him old memories.

He didn't want his son to be too excited about anything because that's when the bad shit starts. He'd hate to have to kill his own flesh & blood or worse, Yusuke having to kill him.

"Alright bud. Which spot do you prefer?"
Sasuke continued to walk along the dirt path until Yusuke tapped his shoulders a bunch of times. He turned his head around to look at the little boy and looked at the tree he pointed at.

His eyes grew wide and he continued walking again but Yusuke already hopped down from his back and ran toward the tree.

Daddy I wanna practice on this one.
He happily beamed and waited for his father to begin the fun activity.

"Yusuke, no."
He marched over to him and grabbed his son's arm, pulling him away from that old standing wood that haunted his treacherous mind.

The young lad began straining as he tried yanking his arm away from the rough hands of his father. Daddy! Let go of me. This hurts!

Soon, Yusuke began crying from the pain and that's when Sasuke finally let him go.

But he snatched him up from his little purple shirt and looked him straight in the eyes.

"Don't you ever go near that tree! I'll punish you if you disobey me!"

Yusuke cried louder and Sasuke pulled him in for a hug, patting his back softly and shushing him, to calm him down.

After everything was settled Yusuke told his father sorry and asked for cake & ice cream after. Sasuke didn't mean to hurt him so he granted his son's wishes.
***
Naruto was worn out at the end of the day since he spent all morning, afternoon, and evening playing with Boruto.

Nighttime came when he collapsed on the couch but Boruto came running out of the room and hopped on his stomach.
Causing the tired man to jerk up in pain.

We're not done playing daddy.
The little blond was about to hop again until his father caught his feet. "I'm tired buddy."

His voice rasped as he breathed heavily.

So what daddy! Get up!
Naruto groaned inwardly before making a hand symbol to poof a clone, that laid on his back on the floor.

The little energetic blond leaped off his father onto the clone.

Daddy let's play catch.
Boruto tried pulling the clone up with all his strength but he was too heavy and the copy wasn't exactly helpful either.