37. *Long Af*

Hiroko was standing in front of the door when Sasuke was fresh out of the shower.

She leaned her head in and sniffed his leg. "Bestie you smell good." His heart swelled as he looked down at her. "Mommy said she's too tired to cook dinner so we can order whatever we want." He nodded and walked his dirty clothes into the guest room and she followed.

When his dirty clothes were in the basket and then he turned around and picked her up.

"What do you wanna order baby doll?" She placed a finger on her chin and stuck the tip of her tongue out as she thought about it. Sasuke couldn't help but look with love when she did that, the small motion reminded him so much of Yusuke. His babies were a lot alike.

"How about pizza?" He smiled at her. "Pizza it is." She snuggled her head into his chest and smiled. Sasuke regrets missing out on this feeling, if he had gotten his shit together a long time ago Hinata wouldn't have been forced to hide her from him. But he was here now and there was nothing he was gonna do to jeopardize ever separating from her again.
*
Yusuke made it back home in time and when he opened the gate he was greeted by the dog as it licked the bottom of his shoes. "Hey, boy." He began patting the dog's head as its tail waggled happily. "Are you hungry? Do you wanna get something to eat?" The dog barked and Yusuke went up to the porch and grabbed the bag containing the dog's food, and then he poured it into a bowl that sat outside.

"Eat up, Leo." The dog began attacking its food and Yusuke poured some spring water that also sat outside into the other bowl.

He wiped his hands off and entered the house, kicked off his shoes, and went inside the kitchen to wash his hands, after he dried them off he opened the fridge and poured himself a big cup of his mother's sweet tea.

The young boy took a sigh of satisfaction after downing the whole cup. He then hummed and placed the empty glass in the sink and while going up the stairs, Sasuke and Hiroko were coming down. "You're about 2 minutes late."

He stopped at the middle of the stairs and gave him a dirty look. "I don't need you monitoring me!" Hiroko raised her fist and scowled at her brother, "Don't be mean to bestie!" He silently gasped and groaned annoyingly under his breath. Already he was turning his baby sister against him but he wasn't gonna let that happen with his mother!

Yusuke stomped the rest of the way upstairs and then he marched into his room. 'Don't be mean to bestie.' He mocked his baby sister, sat down on his bed, and sadly exhaled.
***
"Bestie will you watch a movie with me until I fall asleep?" He opened the box of pizza with extra pepperoni and began plating the pieces. "I sure can, baby doll." She cheered and swung her legs back and forth while he slid the plate in front of her. "Thank You." She bowed her head and said a quick prayer to bless the food.

When she began eating Sasuke sat next to her and started to do the same.

While chewing, Yusuke came downstairs fresh and clean from the shower and when he was about to lift the pizza box, Sasuke placed his hand on top of it.

"What do you think you're doing?" He questioned his son and he gave back a smart-ass answer. "I'm trying to eat you, big dummy." Sasuke couldn't grimace while eating so he just squinted his eyes. "I'm sure you already ate."

The little boy squinted his eyes as well. "So. That doesn't mean I'm not gonna be hungry again." He tried opening the box again only to be met with resistance. "You can't get any."

"That's a crap of baloney." Hiroko quietly observed her dad and brother while eating her small slice of pizza. "Yusuke, did you take a hundred-dollar bill from my wallet?" They were peering at each other deeply. "How am I supposed to know what your wallet looks like?"