44.

The kids woke up pretty late for the 1st time in a long time. It was 11 soon going on 12. Hinata did her regular check-ins on them and decided to let them sleep since they seemed tired. It only added to her break.

When they left that night she took a nice long soothing bath, drank her favorite wine, listened to easy-going music, and lounged around in her robe. It's been a while since she's done that... The very last time she got to do that was when her sons were 3.

Last night was splendid.

Sasuke wasn't gonna like that Ten-Ten and Hanabi invited her out and she told them both yes. She was sure that he could handle the kids for one night. It'd only be a few hours.
*
The kids had showered up and brushed their teeth before going downstairs. "Where's lunch?" Boruto went inside the kitchen to check the oven, the microwave, and the fridge but when he didn't find anything he was merely confused. "Mom's slipping... she didn't cook anything." Yusuke smacked his lips. "Let's go wake her up to make our food."

Boruto placed a hand on his brother's chest to stop him from walking out. "Let's just get some snacks instead." Yusuke's eyes went wide as he observed his brother's growing evil smirk.

"Boru... I've taught you well." He gave off the same expression before they both hopped on the counter and rummaged through the cabinet. After 5 minutes they each had a handful of various snacks.

But before they could enjoy it Boruto turned to his bro and said, "Is it normal for mom to be sleeping this long?" Yusuke thought about it for a quick sec and then he shook his head no.

"Maybe we should go check on her," Boruto said before setting his snacks down and Yusuke did the same. Then they both went up the stairs and headed for their mother's room.

When they made it there Boruto knocked two times before turning the doorknob and opening the door. "Mom?" He and Yusuke entered. She was in her bed, holding a small book with a pair of reading glasses when she saw her sons.

"Sweethearts?" She took a sip of her hot tea and placed it back down on the coaster. "Is everything alright with you, mom?" Boruto sat next to her on the right side of the bed and Yusuke sat next to him. "Everything's fine, why do you ask?" Both boys observed her closely and they didn't find anything off with her.

"Well... it's just you didn't make lunch." When she began giggling quietly both of the boys blushed. "Sorry sweeties, I didn't feel like it and I thought you both would still be sleeping." They glanced at each other. "Does that mean we get to order in?" She gave them both genuine smiles. "Mhm." She nodded gently.

"And I'm sure you boys were getting some snacks anyway..." The awkward rubs on the back of their necks were a confirmation. "It's alright, just make sure to share some with your baby sister, ok?" They both nodded at the same time and before leaving her room she explained to them both how she'd be going out with their aunts. That was actually hilarious.

Hinata was a grown woman and she was the guardian of her children but she somewhat asked for their permission to leave.

Some people would call her crazy but she wanted to make sure her kids were comfortable with her being gone for a little while.

At 1st Yusuke was against it but after giving it some thought he came around to it.

Sasuke was the 1st one up that morning. He went out on the deck in the backyard to smoke a blunt and read another chapter of that book Kakashi recommended to him.

Once the blunt and reading were finished he went back into the house and made himself a cup of coffee. As the water brewed he heard some soft footsteps approaching the kitchen.