Proving Her Worth To The Cause

A/N: I completely suck at writing intimate scenes...

Disclaimer: I only own Aurora and any other OC's. Remember, I will occasionally use quotes from both the books or movie, depending on the scene; I do not own direct quotes or phrases.

~ oOo ~

"...it's from Lucius," Aurora cried quietly, staring at the envelope in her hands.

Slowly taking the parchment away from her, Severus stared at it himself, curious to know what his friend had written. For sure the Potions Master knew it was regarding the article that was in the Prophet, but for what? Staring at the bloody thing wasn't going to do anything, so Severus took his wife by the arm and sat her on the couch, taking the seat beside her.

"Remember Aurora..." She stared upwards at him, fear still evident in her eyes. "Whatever happens, whatever Lucius wants, we'll overcome it together." Grasping her hand, Severus leaned down, leaving a kiss upon her temple. "Are you ready?"

Shaking her head no, Aurora muttered, "...yeah."

With precision, Severus tore through the envelope, pulling the letter out and examining it carefully. Seeing it was indeed Lucius' handwriting, Severus then read the letter aloud.

Severus and Aurora Snape,

As you two might be aware, there has recently been an article published about the two of you within the Daily Prophet. I have read such article and frankly, I am left with more questions than answers. Marriage? And neither Narcissa nor I were invited to the wedding? This will not do my friend.

This Saturday night, I am requesting both of your presence to our humble mansion for dinner so we can discuss this turn of events in your lives. Both myself and my wife are looking forward to seeing you this weekend.

Lucius Malfoy

Dropping the letter to the table, Severus dared to steal a glance at his wife to see her crying, hand covering her mouth as her body shook. Taking hold of her shoulders, Severus bent down to stare into her crying eyes. She peered straight into his as she hiccuped, sobs escaping past her lips.

"Aurora, look at me. Everything is going to be alright, I promise."

"H-How're you so calm, Sev? This is Lucius Malfoy we're talking about. He - He'll kill me!"

"No he won't!" Dragging the woman into his arms, Severus held her tight. "Please...believe me when I say everything is going to be alright." Pulling back, Severus stared once more into her eyes, the woman's crying beginning to fade. "We'll just have to win Lucius over that you're on the Voldemort's side."

"I..." Her voice was soft. "I don't think I can do this, Sev."

"Yes you can," he stated adamantly. "You're the bravest woman I know, you can conquer anything. Trust me when I say this, but we'll have Lucius and Narcissa fooled by the end of that night that you're loyal to Voldemort."

Sniffling, the woman curled herself into Severus' arms who tightened his limbs around her. "What should we say? I mean, do you think we can really trick them?"

"I know we can. You are the brightest witch I know."

"But this won't be due to any magic, this'll just be me lying," she stated as fact. "Lucius can't read minds, can he?"

"No, he was never good at the art, so we have that on our side." Cupping cheek, the man traced her lower lip with his thumb. "For now, we just need to consider what we're going to tell them. One aspect you are good at Aurora is that you can lie on the spot. That'll be your greatest asset on Saturday."