The Pregnancy Potion

A/N: If I'm being honest, I didn't think it had been this long since I last updated, so I apologize.

Disclaimer: I only own Aurora and any other OCs. Remember, I will occasionally use quotes from the books and the movies; I do not own direct quotes or phrases. The chapter images (ArchiveOfOurOwn, Quotes, and Wattpad) do not belong to me. I have found them either through Google or Pinterest. I take NO credit.

~ oOo ~

The first term of the school year had to come to an end. Those who weren't staying for the holidays or the Yule Ball had ridden the train back to London, where they would spend it with their families. Hagrid had found a beautiful fern tree, while Filius used his mastery of charms to levitate all the ornaments to their rightful place. The castle was continuously cold, and the ceiling in the Great Hall was now releasing snow all day long. It was her favorite season, and Aurora was definitely in love with the changes. Despite the bitterness of the cold in her dungeons, Hogwarts castle during the winter was, for sure, her second home.

It was currently Wednesday, and the Yule Ball, on Christmas Eve, wasn't until Saturday. The final grading for the Fall Term needed to be finalized by the end of the day. Aurora had held herself in the classroom all day, trying to finish whatever grading she had left. She was bound and determined to finish everything within the next hour because she wanted to spend the evening with Severus by the fire.

But before that could happen, they had a date next to Severus' cauldron in his office. It had been several weeks since they had decided to start a family, and this would be the first time Aurora consumed a pregnancy potion. She wasn't sure she was pregnant, but she was eager to see if there had been any changes inside her body. But Aurora had to finish her grading before any of that could happen.

Sighing, the witch glanced through all the paperwork she had already graded and realized she was on her last tack of tests. Celebrating internally, the witch set forth to finish the not-so-daunting task.

Having just placed a finished test in the graded pile, Aurora's head stopped when a knocking from her door echoed across her classroom.

"Aurora? Are you in there?"

Expecting to hear her husband's voice, she smiled when she noticed it was Hermione's. Waving her hand, she allowed the door to open with windless magic. Seeing the fourth-year student in casual clothing left the witch professor smiling. Holding up a finger, Aurora wanted to finish this test before holding a conversation. She needed several more minutes but could add one more piece of parchment to the graded pile.

Folding her hands together, she watched Hermione sit at one of the student desks. "Alright, Hermione...what can I do for you today?"

The young witch was silent for a moment as she twiddled her thumbs. "How...how're you doing, Aurora?"

Eyebrow raised, Aurora watched her former student, questioning what she was doing here. Chuckling, Aurora shook her head. "I've been doing fairly well. And yourself, Hermione?"

The girl seemed nervous, and Aurora couldn't grasp what it was. "I've been doing alright. Bust with school work, but nothing compared to last year."

"Oh, I bet, kiddo. You placed a lot on your shoulders by wanting to take so many additional classes."

"Yeah..."

Knowing something was wrong, Aurora stood. Grabbing a chair, she placed it before Hermione and then sat down. Holding her stare with the young girl, Aurora asked, "Ok, kiddo, what's going on? You're not acting like yourself. Has something happened?"