The Mandrake Drought Is Ready

Disclaimer: I only own Aurora and any other OC's. Remember, I will occasionally use quotes from both the books or movie, depending on the scene; I do not own direct quotes or phrases. UPDATE: I do not own any of the chapter pictures. All were found via Google. 

~ oOo ~

"Severus...Aurora's been petrified."

Unsure whether the Potions Master heard Albus speak of the current situation, the Headmaster reached to grasped the male's shoulder. Severus jerked away before Albus could touch him. Hastily removing himself from their position at the bottom of the Grand Staircase, Severus flew up several flights of stairs to reach the Hospital Wing. His long, black cloak flowing behind his form as he barged through the thick doors, startling Madam Pomfrey. Severus remained motionless, his eyes focused towards the end of the room, falling hard upon the motionless form of the woman who had captured his black heart.

"Oh my, Severus..." Poppy exclaimed as she stood from her seat between both females. "I'm assuming Albus informed you – "

Ignoring what she was to say, Severus strode past the woman straight to Aurora's side. At first, the male could hardly stare at the woman frozen in time, her form never to move unless given the appropriate mixture that would save her very life. Even upon the bed, she seemed surreal, as if she didn't exist, only the shell of her body remained. Seated in the bed beside Hermione Granger, Aurora shared the same expression: one of utter surprise and fear. Just like the young student, she held one hand upwards, as if she was reaching for something, while the other lay across her chest, fingers seeming to grip her shirt.

"A...Aurora..." the poor man mumbled in disbelief. The proof was before his eyes, yet the man couldn't accept the formidable. With a soft thud from behind, Severus turned to see Poppy had gathered a chair for him to claim. Unable to smile or offer his thanks, the man slowly nodded and took his seat, carefully watching the woman before him. Remaining quiet for some time, Severus addressed the medi-witch as he asked, "Poppy, could you please explain how she was found..."

Grabbing the blanket at the end of the bed, Poppy covered the female from the waist down, her own eyes sad at the prospect that a member of their faculty had been attacked. "I was the one to find them both; they were in the library." Raising an eyebrow at that, Severus glanced at the witch, who walked to the table separating the two beds as she took hold of a one of two items that lay on top. "Both were found holding this within their hands. I found them together down the same isle in the library, only a few steps apart. As soon as Albus had them brought here, he sought you out, Severus."

Refusing to use his own voice, the man nodded. Gently taking hold of Aurora's hand reaching out with both of his, Severus leaned forward and rested his forward against her alarmingly cool skin. Poppy, having placed the mirror upon the sheets, moved to drape a blanket over Hermione, acknowledging Severus was in need of some personal space. Watching the mirror from the corner of his eye, Severus finally reached out to grasp the trinket, twirling the metal in his hands, all the while questioning what he had just learned.

Why was she with Hermione Granger?

Why in the library?

Why carry such an item? In the library, no less?

Just what was running through your head this morning, Aurora? Severus thought, replacing the item onto the nearby stand.

"Poppy..." the man asked quietly.

"Yes, Severus?"

Solemnly, Severus still wouldn't look at the female witch, his eyes solely on the woman whose petrified hand he held. "Would it be possibly to place the privacy barrier around her bed?"