Belittled as a Mudblood

Disclaimer: I only own Aurora and any other OC's. Remember, I will occasionally use quotes from both the books or movie, depending on the scene; I do know own direct quotes or phrases. UPDATE: I do not own any of the chapter pictures. All were found via Google. 

~ oOo ~

"And just what do you think you're doing?"

"Reading a book. Geez, you make it sound as if it's not allowed."

Lifting her gaze from the thick paperback book, Aurora was greeted by a chaste kiss from the Potions Master, his arms full of parchment, desperately needing to be graded. Following his form until he set the stack upon the table, her eyes returned to the page she had been reading; that is, Severus walked behind her chair and pulled the book from her fingers.

"That's not very nice, you know," she mumbled, slowly reaching above her head from the comfortable position of her chair, though Severus retreated from her reach.

"You're the one who said we would finish grading our student's midterm exams, and here I find you sitting by the fire reading a book." Flipping back and forth between the cover and the page she was currently on, Severus examined the red and white coloring, noting the title and depiction of what seemed to be...a dinosaur? "What exactly is this book?"

Finally tearing the novel from his hands, Aurora returned to her position as she placed a bookmark inside so she wouldn't lose her spot on the page. "It's only the best thing ever!" she exclaimed. "It was published only a few years ago and I've read it several times. It's ahh-mazing!" Giggling like a child, Aurora stood before placing her book on the table, waiting to be read further once she was ready for bed.

"Jurassic Park..." Severus read the title, wondering what they hell it could mean.

"How to simplify this... Basically, a man creates technology to clone dinosaurs through DNA retrieved from fossilized mosquitoes, and then opens up a park. Thus the title: Jurassic Park."

"That's it? You're reading something almost four-hundred pages long about someone who can bring dinosaurs back to life."

"You know? It's days like this I'm glad I'm Muggleborn; I feel like we have more imagination than the world of magic."

"Your statement is not lost on me as I'm a Half-Blood."

Taking a seat at her table, Aurora pulled spare quills and ink pots as she stared at the large pile of parchment. Severus had already graded the potion his students were required to brew for the exam and requested her assistance with the written portion. Roughly grabbing half of the stack, she placed it on her side of the table and Severus sat across from her. "I haven't even described the best part."

"There's more to your book?"

"Yep! Before the park is opened, one of the employees attempts corporate espionage; meaning, he steals viable dinosaur DNA and is wanting to sell it to a rival company for major cash. However..." Stopping mud-sentence, Aurora grabbed on essay, briefly reading the first few sentences before glancing up at the man who had narrowed his eyes in her direction. "Is something the matter?"

"Aurora..." Severus growled lowly, but ultimately ended up chucking as he, too, grabbed an essay.

"Alright, alright. In his attempt to escape, the park loses complete power, meaning the dinosaurs have a chance to escape from their electrified cages. While conducting a tour of the park with the owner's grandchildren and dinosaur experts he brought to the island, the Tyrannosaurus Rex escapes and attack their vehicles. The rest of the book is about the characters surviving the island before they are eaten by carnivorous dinosaurs." She sighed, scratching several marks here and there on the first essay. "This book is so damn good."