I Promise You, Always

A/N: Regarding the chapter photo, I could not, NOT use it! :)

Disclaimer: I only own Aurora and any other OC's. Remember, I will occasionally use quotes from both the books or movie, depending on the scene; I do not own direct quotes or phrases. UPDATE: I do not own any of the chapter pictures. All were found via Google. 

~ oOo ~

Having spent a majority of the afternoon in a certain Potion Master's bed, Severus and Aurora forced themselves to leave the confines of his chambers in preparation to attend the evenings meal. In the hours of her waking from petrification, the wizard discussed with Aurora the events after she had been attacked: Hagrid having been sent to Azkaban, Albus being suspended as Headmaster and Ginny Weasley kidnapped into the Chamber. She was most interested in learning how Harry Potter and Ronald Weasley discovered the chamber, saved the young girl and defeated the monster inside. Having heard the events through the last few weeks, the female was stunned, to say the least.

Needing a physical break, Aurora waited in the front room while Severus bathed, showering the smell of sex and sweat off his skin. Her thighs tightened and core pulsed, knowing the man she loved was naked in the next room; though, with the last few hours they had, she was overdue for a break. Once he was dressed, Aurora pulled the man towards her chambers, needing to see her pet companions, to hold them in her arms. Without stating the password, her portrait opened, allowing entry for both witch and wizard. Upon arrival, she cried the names for the tiny creatures she loved; Sapphire squeaked and flew from her small bed on the witch's desk while Merlin jumped off the back of the couch.

Falling to her knees, Aurora was bombarded by scales and fur, both animals purring loudly as she petted her companions. Holding both close, Aurora closed her eyes. She had missed the feel of Severus' skin against hers, yet also missing the loving creatures she's had for years. Grabbing treats from her kitchen, she gave Sapphire and Merlin several, as they deserved something special for the stress she unknowingly caused. Facing Severus, she grabbed his shoulder, lips connecting against his softly.

"Thank you," she murmured, blinking the waterworks away. Making way to her room, Aurora took the time to bathe as well, scrubbing her hair, enjoying the warmth of running water. She had been petrified, yes, but waking up knowing she hadn't showered in a few weeks left the woman feeling filthy.

Showered, dressed in her dark blue lace dress and smelling of cherry blossoms, Aurora ran her fingers through the thick mass of hair, pulling the locks into a messy bun atop her head. Having placed her cherished necklace over her head, Aurora paused in placing the bracelet on as well. At least, until she and Severus had their conversation later that evening. Sapphire curled around her neck, claiming her personal spot, the woman kissed her black cat before they left her quarters, heading upstairs to the Great Hall.

Once on the main floor, more students flooded the corridors, someone stating they were glad Aurora was cured while others, mainly those who had been or were her students, gave the woman a hug and were more energetic with her return. Entering the Great Hall was the same. Students screamed her name as she waved and hugged several more. The woman became teary eyed, not knowing the young individuals would be this enthusiastic about her return from petrification.

The faculty had given her an identical reaction, though they were more touchy-feeling than simply stating her name. Minerva was the one to hug her the longest, twisting the woman back and forth a few moments before holding the woman at arm's length. "Oh Aurora, I am so glad you're ok! I was so worried!"

"Me too Minerva," she answered, hugging the professor once more then taking her seat next to Severus as they watched the remainder of students enter the Great Hall. Albus soon joined, patting the witch's shoulder before claiming his seat in the middle of the table. From her spot, she grabbed Severus' hand, holding his fingers tight beneath the table. Stealing a sideways glance at the wizard, she could see a smirk on his lips as he watched her. Heat grew across her cheek, her love for the man stronger than ever. Their conversation to take place was long overdue, but still, Aurora couldn't simply throw aside the devotion and affection she held for the man. The words she spoke that morning were true: she would believe the wizard, only forgoing to end their relationship if his words were to reveal that it had always been Lily.