Something Wicked This Way Comes

Disclaimer: I only own Aurora and any other OC's. Remember, I will occasionally use quotes from both the books or movie, depending on the scene; I do not own direct quotes or phrases. UPDATE: I do not own any of the chapter pictures. All were found via Google.

~ oOo ~

"I still can't believe you would do such a thing."

"You're still on about that? Come on Severus, I did what was right."

"No...You did what you thought was right; you allowed the infamous three to break the rules once again so they could do what they want."

Placing his usual morning cup of coffee before him upon the breakfast table, Aurora bent down and kissed his stubble cheek. Chuckling, she shook her head, grabbed their plates of toast, eggs and sausage as she took her seat, joining him with fork in hand. "Yes, I love you too, Severus."

"Don't think you can change the subject - "

"Just open." Having sliced through his sausage, Aurora leaned across the table, her fork holding a section of his food on the end, waiting for him to take the first bite of their morning meal. Groaning while forcing his lips not to smirk, the male leaned forward, lips slithering the meat from the metal contraption onto his tongue, obeying the witch as he chewed and swallowed.

"Your breakfast is delicious as always, love."

"I am well aware, but thank you as always," the woman grinned, consuming her peppered eggs.

Severus sneered with a roll of his darkened eyes. "This conversation isn't over."

"Nor has it been all summer, sweetie. What else are you wanting me to say? Yes, I helped Harry, Ron and Hermione with their Polyjuice Potion; yes I helped Hermione search for information on the Chamber of Secrets. Would you rather they'd done any of that on their own? They would've most likely have stolen ingredients from your storage in order to complete their potion; that wouldn't have settled with you, so I provided what they needed from my collection. We've been through all this."

"Yes we have, but..."

"Your but indicates you simply being upset because I didn't tell you anything." Sighing, she dropped her utensils, laying her hand over Severus' across the table. "I'm sorry," she mumbled sincerely. "We both know last year was terrifying for multiple reasons and all they wanted to do was help."

"You always have to help."

"That's who I am; you've know that from the beginning." Swallowing her bite of toast, Aurora tousled her hair, understanding the man's state in being upset. "Look...I broke the rules to help the students, I get that. In the end, we saved the school and another student from certain death."

"And in the process, you ended up becoming petrified."

Standing, she nudged Severus' plate away while taking a seat on his lap. Wrapping her arms around his neck, the woman grabbed his chin, forcing the man's stare to focus on hers. "Is that what this is about? All because...I was petrified the last few weeks of the year?" Casting his head away from her hand, he hid away behind the length of black hair. Palm rubbing smooth circles across his cheek, Aurora pecked his skin. "I'm right here..." she whispered softly.

"You are now...but for those weeks, I didn't know if you would come back."

Dropping her lips to his, their kiss was light and soft. Cheeks turning pink, Aurora grinned, rubbing the tip of her nose against his, causing the man to roll his eyes, though the curve of his mouth turned upward. "These last few months have been difficult for us, and yet, here we are. Unless a big, scary monster comes to drag me away, I'm not going anywhere - ah! No, no." Finger pressing against the opening of Severus' lips, the witch shook her head with a grin. "Despite what you may think, I will not leave you, Severus; I am here to stay."