To Grieve and To Love: Part 2

Disclaimer: I only own Aurora and any other OC's. Remember, I will occasionally use quotes from both the books or movie, depending on the scene; I do not own direct quotes or phrases. UPDATE: I do not own any of the chapter pictures. All were found via Google. 

~ oOo ~

Friday had appeared within the blink of an eye, and before Aurora knew what had happened throughout the week since her mother passed, the solemn witch found herself staring into a mirror that stood in the corner of her room. Her usual bright expression was replaced with a neutral façade, her eyes slightly red and puffy from the mourning she had endured throughout the last several days. Aurora stared into her reflection, her lips somewhat lifted as she stared at the chosen attire.

Her soft, chocolate brown hair was gently braided, beginning at the nape of her neck and flowed all the way down to her chest; plucking each individual section of the braid, Aurora pulled, adding volume too the hairstyle with several, slightly curled strands framing her face. Her short, lace black dress with cap sleeves accentuated her curves before she placed her maroon pea coat over her shoulders. Thick black tights covered her skinny legs while she placed her feet into ankle boots. A knock upon her bedroom door tore the woman away from the mirror and she turned to see Rose standing in the doorway.

"Hey...there's someone here to see you."

Aurora raised an eyebrow, questioning who it could be. "Oh? Well...could you please tell them to come up here? I'm...not quite ready."

"Of course," Rose replied, a small smile on her lips. Turning back to her mirror, the witch glanced over her hair and smoothed several fly-aways back into place. Aurora knew she was being fussy, but the poor woman was anxious and needed something to occupy her time. Grabbing the red lipstick off her bed, she touched up her makeup, flattened her dress and levelled her tights before looking back up into the mirror to inspect her appearance. A flash of ebony caught her attention and a voice seeped into her ears before she could make the connection.

"Aurora..."

Quickly turning, Aurora widened her eyes to find Severus standing in the doorway, his neck covered in a thick scarf and his shoulders a wool cloak. Aurora froze, her mind consuming several thoughts at once, but the one that pushed itself above the others was how ruggedly handsome Severus appeared. A heat crept upon her cheeks as her heart beat quicker, as it always had whenever she caught a first glance at that man each morning. She couldn't believe that he was here; and in her room, nonetheless!

But when she continued to stare and not say anything, Severus raised a hand and knocked on the doorway to gain her attention, though he wasn't aware that he already acquired it. "Aurora...?" Her name on his lips pulled her out of her stupor and the witch burst from her position and ran up to the man, clinging her arms around his neck and pulling herself against his chest. The witch placed her head in the crook of his neck and wasn't surprised when his response was to wrap his own arms around her, pulling her even closer.

The seconds ticked by before Aurora lowered herself, putting her hands against the softness of his cloak, staring up into his eyes. For the first time since the previous week, a true smile formed upon her lips, one that reached her eyes. Her voice was a whisper as she ducked her head down and said, "I missed you, Severus..." With the touch of his fingers against her chin, the wizard in question lifted her gaze towards his.

"I missed you too, Aurora."

Her expression grew as she reached her head upwards and kissed his cheek once again, but didn't stutter or excuse herself unlike before; instead, Aurora pulled backwards and stated, "Thank you so much for being here...Oh! Hold on one second..." Blinking, the Potions Master stood motionless, his fingers itching to touch where her lips had just been.