Your Fears Are My Fears

Disclaimer: I only own Aurora and any other OC's. Remember, I will occasionally use quotes from both the books or movie, depending on the scene; I do not own direct quotes or phrases.

~ oOo ~

"And that, my class, is what we will be learning this year in Medicinal Potions. Come June, I expect perfect brews of potions that could potentially save the lives of others. Are there any questions?"

Glancing across her class, Aurora was ecstatic to see all her students taking notes, as this was the first day for their course. One student raised a hand after a few moments passed, the witch pointing in their direction as she call on them. "Yes?"

"Um...this isn't really a question about your class, but..." Merlin suddenly jumped from the ground onto the students desk. She and several others started giggling, all wanting to pet the beautiful black feline. "Will he be joining the class each time?" As if on cue, Merlin meowed, stretching his head in search for someone to scratch behind his ears.

Leaning against her desk, the woman sighed, lips held tightly in a grin she refused to fight. "Oh geez. Come here, Merlin." Ears perked at the sound of Aurora's voice, the black cat jumping down and ran to the front, bouncing back upon her owner's desk. Scratching her animals favorite spot, the feline curled its body in contempt. "This little rascal will sometime be here, if that answers your questions. Some days he follows me, others, he just likes to lounge around in my chambers on his favorite pillow."

The class erupted in oohs and awws, mainly from the female students. Joining in as well, Aurora couldn't resist in chuckling as she too found the situation endearing. "Alright, let's get back to the original topic. Does anyone have any questions regarding the purpose of this class or what you'll learn?" None raised their hands. "Hm, well alright. If you think of something, bring your questions to the next class. Until then, there's some homework you have to complete." Her class groaned, this only caused their professor to smirk more. "It's only day one, better get used to being in school again. Alright, on a page of parchment, I want each of you to write down any and all medicinal potions you already know, whether you learned it last year with Professor Snape or on your own. With each potion, write a description of its properties and ingredients as well."

Now a hand shot upward from a student in the back. "What if we only know one potion?"

Aurora gently smiled. "That's perfectly fine, work with the knowledge you have - and no textbooks! This assignment is for me to assess the capacity of what you already know. So if you only remember partial ingredients, list as many as you can." Her students nodded, most writing down the assignment. "Good, well then! That's a wrap for today, you're dismissed early."

Smiling while grabbing their belongings, each student trekked out of the classroom, leaving their professor alone. Waving her hand to the last students to leave, she waved again once they were gone, the chalkboard turned over, hiding her lecture for class the following morning. Leaving her desk as is, she walked out the door, ensuring it was locked as she exited.

"Merlin."

MEOW.

"It's lunchtime, let's go." She waved at the feline, its long, black legs moved to Aurora as she crouched down, bringing the creature to curl into her chest. Rubbing her chin against the cats head, Sapphire purred into her neck. Content and happy, the professor leisurely made her way upstairs towards the Great Hall.

As she entered the propped doors, Aurora was met with smiles, some students calling out to her, simply nodding in acknowledgement as her arms were currently occupied. Claiming her usual seat, the witch was startled to see she was the only staff at the table, wondering if her fellow faculty were still in classes or eating in their offices. Shrugging her shoulders, the woman set both her loving pets upon the table. Setting aside a small plate for each, she filled one with raw meat - specifically added for Sapphire per her polite request - as well as a tiny bowl of milk and shredded chicken for her fattening Merlin. Now that each creature was slurping or munching happily away, Aurora finally was able to fix her own plate of chips, a sandwich and some strawberries.