Weakened to Collapse

A/N: Not the best, yet not the worst. Also, this is BARELY edited, so I'm aware their might be numerous mistakes, but I just wanted this to be posted. Please read, review and love :)

Disclaimer: I only own Aurora and any other OC's. Remember, I will occasionally use quotes from both the books or movie, depending on the scene; I do not own direct quotes or phrases.

~ oOo ~

"So...? How was it teaching a Defense class?"

Hearing the portrait to their chambers open, Aurora didn't even need to turn around to know it was Severus. Considering this week contained the full moon, Remus has asked if either one of them could substitute his class, as the previous night had been the reason for his absence.

Poor Remus, she thought. He doesn't like missing classes. The man loves his position as a Professor.

When the man didn't answer, Aurora turned from her position at the table to see her wizard slowly place his cloak upon the stand. "That bad, huh?"

"It was his class of Slytherins and Gryffindors."

"...and?" she asked, eyebrows raised.

"The infamous three were in this class."

"Oh good grief.," Aurora muttered under her breath. Resuming her own task, she dipped her quill into the ink, attention now diverted back to the piles of essays to be graded. "You knew that was a possibility, Remus did say this class was his Third Years."

Plopping himself beside her, Severus stole a drink from her steaming cup of tea. "Teaching the subject felt normal, like I'm supposed to teach the bloody subject. You know I've been trying to get that position for years."

"Of course I do, sweetheart. But Albus is only concerned for your well-being due to the curse upon the position. Regardless, you teaching potions or Defense Against the Dark Arts, I know you're a great Professor."

"Bloody hell Aurora, I despise teaching."

"Yes, all the staff are aware; myself included." She dunked her quill again. "However, that doesn't change my opinion that I think you're knowledgeable in either subject." Finished with the last parchment, Aurora finally turned her attention to Severus, whose arms were crossed in annoyance. "Alright, explain; what did Harry do this time."

"It wasn't just Potter. Weasley took his bloody time to turn to the required page; Granger spoke out of turn twice; and Potter complained about Quidditch tomorrow as an excuse to no do the assignment."

"Well, what was the assignment?"

Clearly avoiding eye contact, Severus instead focused on Merlin's position near the fireplace. "Two rolls of parchment on the qualities of werewolves and how to recognize them."

She only shook her head. "Of course he - ! No, I'm not going there." Standing to move behind Severus, her arms wrapped around his neck, leaning in to kiss his back. "Look, do you should've given them that big of an assignment?"

"Considering they couldn't identify the difference between an animals and a werewolf? I'd say yes!"

"Sev! You don't think that's blowing it out of proportion?"

The man said nothing.

Relaxing her arms, Aurora reclaimed her seat. "Well, what's done is done. The important question to be asked is this: why werewolves? C'mon, you know nocturnal animals are taught later on in the year."

"I'm...well aware."

Staring blankly at him, Aurora rolled her eyes upon realization. "Don't tell me this is all about Remus, isn't it."