Chapter 4: Casino Problems

Early in the morning, I received some troubling news from Tre about someone cheating in our casino. On top of that, illegal activities were being investigated by officers, which really put a damper on my day. Luckily, I had Becky by my side, or else those officers would be in serious trouble.

"Are you heading somewhere?" Becky asked as she walked out of the bathroom.

"Yeah, I need to go to the training field. It's just outside. You can visit me if you get bored here," I replied, giving her a gentle kiss on the forehead.

Becky nodded and smiled at me. I left her room to find Tre waiting for me outside. He had already selected the recruits who would be joining the orientation that morning, and he needed me to address them.

"How many are there?" I asked.

"Fifty," Tre replied, not looking directly at me. "I also checked their backgrounds, and most of them have families. I've relocated their families to the city, so they'll be safe there."

"Good," I said, walking past him.

I made my way to the training field, where all the recruits stood at attention. Some of them bore scars and had a strong physique, indicating their previous experience and skill. Others appeared flawless, as if they had never set foot on a real battlefield.

"You're all here because I've given you a chance at a new life, supporting not only yourselves but also your families and everything you hold dear. However, there are rules you must follow," I began, walking along the line of recruits. "First, peace must reign within these walls. No one is allowed to start a fight, or else severe consequences will follow."

They all shouted in unison, "Yes, ma'am!"

"Secondly, you are forbidden from engaging in any secretive conversations or actions behind our backs. Such acts will be considered betrayal. Understood?" I asked.

"Yes, ma'am!" they repeated.

"And lastly, in this manor, you shall address me as F. No one is permitted to use my real name or any nicknames," I declared firmly, asserting my authority.

"Freenky!"

I closed my eyes upon hearing Becky's voice in the distance. She suddenly stopped when she realized I was addressing the new recruits and gestured that she would wait inside. I simply nodded, and she bid farewell to everyone.

Some of the recruits were captivated by Becky's beauty and dared to wave at her. I glared at them sternly, and they immediately stood up straight.

"Except for my wife," I clarified. "Tre will go over the rules with all of you, but I am adding one more. I want you all to protect her at all costs. If a situation arises where you must choose between saving me or her, you choose her. Is that clear?" I commanded.

"Yes, F!" they responded in unison.

"But F, Becky is..." Tre began to say something, but I raised my hand, signaling him to stop.

"Do as I say," I emphasized.

"Yes, F," Tre acknowledged, lowering his head as I walked away.

I headed straight to the dining area after being informed that Becky was waiting there. Suddenly, 83 stepped forward, motioning for a private conversation so that Becky wouldn't overhear. I granted him permission.

"The officer discovered the drugs and weapons that were about to be exported. What should we do, F?" he whispered.

I patted his shoulder and gestured for him to leave.

"What was that about?" Becky asked, a hint of jealousy evident in her voice.

"Business. I need to make a call," I replied, and she nodded.

I dialed Due's number, and he answered with his usual cold tone. Our relationship had always been distant, but he had to work for me because I possessed everything he needed to gain influence.

"Due, I need you to locate the officer 83 mentioned. Do whatever it takes to make him stop. If he refuses, I'll ensure his silence. Understand?" I demanded.

After ending the call, Becky looked at me with furrowed eyes.

"83? Due? Isn't 'due' two in Italian?" she asked.

I nodded. "I use Italian numbers to refer to my personal men and English numbers for the other guards. Why?"

"No reason. Why don't you call them by their names?" she inquired further.

"They don't have names. Since I bought them, they've ceased to have personal identities," I replied, shifting my focus back to the food in front of us.

Becky continued eating, and I noticed a bruise on her wrist. Concerned, I immediately grabbed her hand, startling her.

"Who did this?" I asked, my eyes filled with anger.

"Calm down, it's my fault," Becky reassured me, planting a delicate kiss on my lips. "I'm fine, okay?" she said, smiling.

"Promise me you'll let me know if anyone harms you. Okay?" I requested, and she nodded.

We finished our meal, and I proceeded to my office to review some files. Becky entered and made her way towards me, standing behind my chair as I immersed myself in reading.

"You're so busy. I'm bored," she pouted, her reflection visible in my monitor.

"Later, baby. I have important matters to attend to. Wait for me in your room, okay?" I raised my head, but she surprised me by leaning in and kissing me passionately.

Becky spun my chair around to face her and then sat on my lap, deepening the kiss.

"Becky, I'm still in the middle of something," I reminded her, gently guiding her to stand up.

Becky nodded. "Okay," she said.

I thought she would leave, but then I felt her lips on my neck. She even licked my ear before whispering, "Should I find 83 to do this with me?"

In an instant, I stood up and pinned her against the wall. Becky giggled, gazing at me mischievously.

"Don't even think about it. If I ever see you with someone else, I'll have to punish you," I whispered.

"Yeah? How?" she smirked.

"I'll make you scream until your lungs give out," I replied, and we resumed our passionate kiss.