Chapter 7: Misunderstanding

I quickly threw on my robe and locked the door to my room. Becky was still crying, thinking that something had happened between me and Tre. I hugged her from behind, hoping to comfort her, but she continued to weep uncontrollably, like a child whose toy had been stolen. I gently turned her around to face me and wiped away her tears.

"Nothing happened between us, okay? I was just about to take a shower, which is why I was naked," I explained, planting a tender kiss on her eyes.

I couldn't explain why, but seeing Becky vulnerable made me love her even more. I wanted to protect her with all my life and ensure she never lost her smile. Yet, here I was, unintentionally making her cry.

"Why is there a whip here?" she asked, picking it up and showing it to me.

"Alright, I'll explain," I said, guiding her to sit on the edge of the bed. I knelt before her. "I have a bad habit when it comes to finding pleasure. I don't know where or when it started, but when I get angry, the only way I can calm down is by inflicting pain on someone—using a whip, my hands, or anything that satisfies my bloodlust."

"Are you angry at me? Is that why you lashed out at Tre?" she asked innocently, making me chuckle.

"No," I replied. "I asked them to do something, but they haven't made any progress yet, so I was angry earlier."

"Freen, you can also use the whip on me, you know?" she said, handing it to me. "I'd be glad if you did," she added, but I shook my head.

"I can't hurt you. You're too precious to me," I whispered, gently caressing her cheeks. "You mean more to me than my own life, Becky."

"But I want to do something for you too. I know about laws. I can run businesses. I can protect you from everything, Freen. If you let me, I can focus on all of that," she said, her frustration evident in her voice.

"But I want you to focus only on me," I said, giving her a delicate kiss.

Becky and I took a shower together and cuddled on my bed. As we snuggled, she suddenly asked me a random question.

"Tell me, Freen. What happened? Why have you changed so much?" she asked.

I looked up at the ceiling and let out a sigh.

"People changed me, Becky. The moment they killed Heng, I swore that I would seek justice with my own hands. I wouldn't let the law handle a matter like this," I answered.

"And you've come this far?" she asked.

"T.S. gave me all the money Heng inherited from his parents. She admitted that it was her reason for taking him. When she found out that Heng and I saved her, she gave me everything. I invested that money and became a billionaire myself. It was a slow process, Becky, but it was worth it," I said, kissing her cheek.

"Everything fell apart when my mother became a fugitive. My father's company went bankrupt, and the only option he had was to sell me," she said, chuckling bitterly. "I regretted all my decisions in life. I kept thinking, if I hadn't hurt you before, would I have experienced all of this? My fiancé nearly killed me and said I was worthless because I wouldn't let him touch me." She sighed.

"I'm sorry I came into your life so late. I'm sorry you had to go through all of that," I said, hugging Becky tightly. "I won't let you go anymore. No one can harm you."

After that heartfelt conversation, Becky and I drifted off to sleep.

The next morning, I found Becky in the dining area, so I glanced at my watch to see if I still had time. I needed to go to the farmhouse because of Due. He had called earlier to inform me that he had captured the person who knew everything about the illegal products I had been exporting.

"Where are you going?" Becky asked, gesturing for me to drink a glass of water before I left.

"To the farmhouse. Due and I need to settle some matters," I replied, kissing her forehead.

"Okay, see you tonight." Becky smiled, and I nodded.

Upon arriving at the farmhouse, I saw Due standing in front of an officer who looked almost lifeless. He had been heavily tortured, and based on his injuries, he wouldn't survive another hour.

"I was going to kill him quickly, but he told the boss that there's a spy in the quarters. I had to silence him before he could ruin everything," Due explained, handing me a gun and suggesting I end the officer's life personally.

"No, I'll watch him die from here," I replied, returning the gun and taking a seat on a stool, observing as the officer struggled for breath.

"How's Becky? Is she still living in your manor?" Due asked.

"She's fine. Why? Do you want to see her?" I asked, but he shook his head.

"She'd be disappointed if she found out who I really am, Due," he chuckled, closing the officer's eyes as he passed away. "Take care of her," he said.

"I know what I have to do. Don't worry about it," I replied, standing up.

"Anyway, Uno called and told me that Mr. Harrison's son will be attending the meeting tomorrow. Do you want me to come with you?" Due asked, but I shook my head.

"I'll bring Tre with me. You should rest. I'll call you if I need anything." I left the farmhouse and climbed into my Boat Tail.

Tomorrow, I had to meet Mr. Harrison's playboy son for a business deal. However, I was worried that Becky would be upset if she found out about the kind of deals this guy usually proposed.