Chapter 26: Escape

I was engrossed in an article about Mr. Harrison's death, where the police declared it a suicide instead of a murder. His family was furious and refused to accept the verdict, but it brought me immense joy.

"83, can you call Cinque? I have great news for her," I fibbed.

"But, F. She informed us that you had given her a mission, so she left early this morning with her belongings," replied 83, causing me to stand up and furrow my brows in confusion.

"What did you say?" I yelled in anger. "Where did she go?"

"She didn't disclose her destination, F. Would you like me to track her down?" he asked.

I nodded and motioned for him to proceed. Meanwhile, I immediately called Sei and inquired about Cinque's whereabouts.

"I was searching for her this morning, and the guards informed me that she had left somewhere on your orders. That's why I attempted to locate her, but I couldn't find her. My men are still searching," Sei explained.

"Did she take her gun?" I asked.

"Cinque knows her gun has a tracker, so she wouldn't have brought it with her. Additionally, she left a letter in her chambers." Sei handed me a piece of paper.

'I know you know everything, F. I'm sorry for betraying you. I love you so much, which is why I worked hard to capture your attention. But you never acknowledged my worth. You never looked at me the way you looked at her. You even sent me away so that she could have you all to herself. Why, F? Why can't I have you? I'm sorry. From now on, no one will betray you. And this will be my final act of assistance. Later, precisely at two in the afternoon, the person you've been searching for will come to our warehouse to kill me. Please be there and be the one to end my life. I want to be killed by you, my Freen.'

"What does it say?" Sei asked.

"She's pleading for me to kill her at the old warehouse. Call Tre and ask if Becky wants to join us. Inform her that we're going to confront the traitor," I instructed as I grabbed a weapon from my room.

Becky decided to accompany me, and I asked Tre to bring guards along, just in case Cinque's letter turned out to be a trap. However, deep down, I knew Cinque wasn't the type to set traps. Her actions were driven by jealousy. I believed that the person we were seeking would indeed be there.

"Tre, check the main gate. Sei, go around to the back. We'll wait here until it's all clear. Otto, be on standby in case anything happens," I commanded, and they all nodded.

From the car, we heard multiple gunshots coming from the main gate, and Tre informed us that it was safe now. Sei informed us that Cinque was on the top floor, so Becky and I headed in that direction.

"Freen, stay here. I'll go in first," Becky said, kissing my forehead and offering me a reassuring smile.

"No, I'm scared. Let's go inside together," I replied, but she shook her head.

"Don't you trust me?" she asked, gently caressing my cheeks. "Wait here. I'll be fine."

I reluctantly agreed and waited outside the room where Cinque was hiding. The door was left ajar, allowing me to hear their conversation from outside.

"Why are you here?" Cinque asked Becky.

"You're too young to die, you know?" Becky remarked. "You're too young to be Freen's lover. Too young to be part of this cruel industry. You can start anew."

"Don't sweet-talk me, Becky. You don't know me," Cinque retorted.

"I do. You're the sister of the guy my uncle killed, right? The girl who hid the globe in our dorm? You wanted revenge on me, but I was too powerful back then, so you used Freen. However, you ended up falling in love with her," Becky explained, causing my eyebrows to furrow. "You wanted to kill my brother too, but that would have made Freen suspicious, so you only killed my father. And now, you've agreed to be my mother's ally because you discovered her plan to take me away from Freen. You thought that by doing so, you could have her all to yourself."

"What are you talking about?" Cinque yelled.

"Listen to me, Achiraya!" Becky shouted back. "You still have a chance to change. Go back to where you belong and live in peace."

"No one can make me change my mind, Becky. You killed my brother, my family. There's nothing left for me! I thought by killing your father, it would make you suffer a little. But then, I realized that even though you have no one, Freen is there for you. So I tried..." Cinque's voice trembled with tears. "I tried to manipulate her, but she's so deeply in love with you, you know?"

"Do you know what's wrong with you? You're too blinded by your love for Freen that you failed to notice how much Tre cares about you," Becky said.

"I don't care about Tre. He never made me feel the way Freen does," Cinque replied.

A moment of silence followed, causing my heart to race. I peered inside and saw Cinque aiming her gun at Becky. She pulled the trigger, and in a split second, I dashed forward to push Becky out of harm's way, but I was too slow. The bullet struck me, and only then did I realize that the gun she used was the weapon we had created.

I felt the poison coursing through my veins, and as everything faded to black, I saw Becky weeping before me.

I wanted to wipe away her tears, but I couldn't feel my body. Perhaps she was right. Maybe this life wasn't meant for us.