Chapter 23: The Revelation

I woke up early one morning, determined to visit the café where Becky worked. As I entered, I noticed a promotional event taking place, with a flurry of customers causing Becky to appear restless.

"Can I help, Becky?" I asked the owner, seeking to lend a hand.

"Ask her," he replied, tending to the customers in line at the cashier.

Approaching Becky, I inquired if there was anything I could do to assist. In response, she handed me two to-go cups of coffee and an address.

Was she asking me to make the deliveries?

"If you want to help, deliver these. And please drive as fast as you can because we have a lot of orders coming up," she said in a cold tone.

I nodded, accepting the task, and hopped into my sports car. Arriving at the given address, the customer seemed astonished to see me delivering coffee in a fancy car.

"If you want coffee, get off your couch and don't just wait at home," I quipped, rolling my eyes. I told her not to worry about payment and to rate me five stars instead.

Returning to the café, I continued making deliveries, exchanging payment for five-star ratings. However, some customers became upset, prompting Becky to give me a disapproving glare and advise me to communicate with the customers more politely.

"Hello, here's your delivery, sir," I greeted the next customer with a sweet smile, but as I caught a glimpse of his face, my expression changed.

"I didn't know you were also working at a café, F!" Due chuckled.

"Rate me five stars," I reminded him, motioning for him to do so.

"Done. By the way, why are you working as a delivery girl using your sports car?" Due laughed and shook his head.

"Do you want to die?" I asked, incredulous. "Becky is working at the café, and she needed some help."

"Why is your queen working at a café, huh?" Due chuckled again, taking a sip of his coffee.

"It's a long story," I replied. "Now, please pay me." I extended my hand, waiting for his payment.

"According to your previous reviews, the coffee is free, so that's why I ordered," Due sighed, reaching for his wallet.

"Are you in debt? You speak as if you're broke," I teased, accepting the money.

"By the way, before you go, F," Due stopped me from entering my car.

"What?" I asked, curious.

"I heard everything from Cinque. If you don't love Becky anymore, can you please let her go? She doesn't deserve any of this," Due said, his head lowered.

"If you still love her after all this time, I'm sorry, but I'm not planning on letting her go. You'll have to kill me before you can have her," I whispered defiantly in his ear, then walked back to my car.

During the drive back to the café, thoughts of Becky consumed my mind. She had always been honest in our relationship and had never failed to make me feel loved. She cared for me like no one else did, yet I had mistreated her. I would blame her for things, simply because she was skilled, intelligent, and capable of manipulating those around her if she wished.

As I approached the café, I noticed Becky clutching her chest tightly, struggling to catch her breath. She couldn't breathe properly and quickly took some pills. The owner approached her, asking something while rubbing her back. Becky nodded and smiled at him.

"Why are you just standing there?" Tre asked, gesturing for me to enter the café, but I shook my head. "Why not?"

"Is Otto at the manor?" I asked.

"Yes, why? Are you feeling unwell?" he inquired.

"Hmm, I need to go back."

...

"Did you test Becky while I was away? I'm referring to her arrhythmia. How is she?" I asked Otto.

"I thought you didn't want to see her anymore. Why are you asking me?" Otto responded, his brows furrowed.

I pinned him against the wall, gripping a gun tightly as I gritted my teeth.

"Are you going to show me the results, or do you want your head to explode?" I threatened him.

With a sigh, Otto motioned for me to follow him. We entered his office, where he showed me Becky's test results. I couldn't comprehend the medical jargon, so I glanced at him with a puzzled expression.

"Becky has ventricular arrhythmia and a chance of experiencing ventricular fibrillation arrhythmia. This is the most dangerous type, and if it occurs, the only way to treat her is through CPR and defibrillation. In other words, once VFA happens, Becky will die if no one is there to help her," Otto explained. "It's a serious condition, Freen. She needs a heart transplant."

My world shattered upon learning this. That was the reason Becky had been keeping something from me, a secret she didn't want me to uncover in order to spare me worry.

"Becky also asked me to keep this information from you. She told me you have a lot on your plate, and worrying wouldn't be good for your health," Otto said. "I'm sorry for her. She fell in love with someone like you."

Otto left me alone in his office, as there were guards who had been injured during training and needed his attention.

Left there with a heavy heart, I couldn't help but blame myself. However, now wasn't the time for self-pity. I had to find Becky and get her the medical help she needed. Even if we couldn't be together forever, as long as she was alive, it was all that mattered. I was willing to accept that.

A/N: One chapter for today. I just need to finish something. Enjoy reading vivies!