Chapter 24: Take Her Back

The following morning, I went to Becky's workplace, but to my surprise, she wasn't there. The owner informed me that she had quit because someone had offered her a job with better pay.

"Who offered her the job?" I asked the owner, hoping to gather more information.

"I don't know his name," he replied with a shrug.

Tre, got angry and was about to confront the owner, but I stepped in. We didn't want to cause a scene with so many customers around.

"I specifically told you to take care of her, and we were ready to pay you double," Tre asserted with authority.

"Enough! Our priority now is finding Becky," I told Tre, then turned my attention back to the owner. "But if anything happens to her, you'll face dire consequences," I threatened him.

"Like I'm scared," he scoffed. "You guys crack me up." The owner chuckled dismissively and shook his head.

Rolling my eyes, I gestured for Tre to follow me. His fists were clenched tightly, and I knew how badly he wanted to harm the owner, but our main focus had to be finding Becky. I feared someone might have taken her and done something terrible.

I sought Cinque's help in locating Becky, but all she could find was that Becky had been last seen at the port, and after that, there was no trace of her. I also asked Sei to investigate rival organizations, and he confirmed that they hadn't taken Becky. Most of them didn't even know her.

Days went by, and we were still unable to find any solid leads on Becky's whereabouts. Finally, we received some information from the head maid's granddaughter. She had taken a picture of Becky on a private island and sent it to us via mail.

"In their letter, my granddaughter mentioned that Becky was working as a bartender on the island. She was being harassed by most of the customers, but thankfully, my granddaughter was there to help her. However, she's worried about what might happen when she returns to the city," the head maid explained.

"We'll go there today. Don't worry," I assured her before walking away.

I called Tre to join me, and he nodded, quickly making his way to prepare the helicopter.

After a journey of over three hours, we finally arrived at our destination. Stepping onto the secluded private island, a breathtaking scene unfolded before my eyes. The crystal-clear turquoise waters stretched endlessly, glistening under the warm rays of the tropical sun. The beach, covered in soft, white sand, felt like a luxurious carpet beneath my feet. The soothing sound of waves crashing against the shore invited me to explore the island's hidden secrets.

"Amongst our rivals, who do you think owns a private island?" I asked Tre, curious about the island's owner.

"All of them, F. But most of these islands aren't meant for tourists. They're secluded because our rivals use them for their labs," he explained.

As we ventured further into this paradise, a sense of unease began to creep over me. The people inhabiting the island seemed to reflect its inherent beauty, their appearance as alluring as the surroundings. However, their smiles were deceptive, hiding something sinister beneath the surface. Their eyes held a glimmer of malevolence, revealing a dark side to their true nature.

"Stay close, F. These people seem like drug addicts," Tre warned, pulling me closer to him. However, I rolled my eyes.

"Do I look like someone who can't protect herself?" I retorted.

"Don't be stubborn, F. We're not in the manor anymore, and if anything happens to you, they'll come after me." He hissed, gripping my hand tightly. "Look, I think that's the bar they were talking about. Let's go," he said.

At the heart of the island stood an impressive bar, enticing me with its mysterious allure. The structure itself exuded an air of opulence, with intricately carved woodwork and lavish velvet curtains adorning its walls. Inside, the bar was dimly lit, creating an atmosphere of secrecy and hidden dealings. Shadows danced across the room, whispering tales of treachery and deceit.

As I approached the bar, an unsettling feeling overwhelmed me. It seemed to hold dark secrets within its hidden corners. The patrons, with their hushed conversations and furtive glances, only added to the sense of foreboding. It was as if this haven of indulgence and revelry possessed forbidden knowledge that could shatter the illusion of paradise.

"What did I tell you? I asked for a Long Island Iced Tea! What the heck is this?" the girl shouted at Becky, throwing the drink in her face. The ice hit her hard, causing her eyebrow to bleed.

My hands clenched into fists, but Tre held me back. The bar was filled with customers, and if I attacked the girl, it could escalate into chaos. We were outnumbered.

"Can't we just take her? I don't want to start a fight," I told Tre, trying to control my anger.

Tre nodded and went to the counter, leaving me at the table, observing their conversation. However, as he approached, someone rushed towards Becky and jumped on the counter, violently slapping her. Tre and I stood up simultaneously, ready to intervene, but before I could act, Tre shattered a glass on the attacker's head, causing him to stumble and fall.

Becky was shocked, urging Tre to stop, but he didn't listen. Her cheeks were red from humiliation, and I couldn't just stand there and watch.

"If you keep allowing these people to mistreat you when you can easily defend yourself, how can we let you handle this situation? How can you let them trample on you and harass you as if you were some kind of animal?" I shouted at her, frustrated.

"You've treated me like an animal too, Freen," she retorted. "Don't pretend to be a good person because you're not! So, just go away and leave me alone!"

Becky clutched her chest, and I motioned for Tre to get her the pills. She took them immediately, and that's when the owner of the bar arrived. He looked at us with cold, dead eyes and grabbed Becky by the collar.

"Remove your hands," I demanded firmly.

"Why?" he sneered. "Do you know this girl?"

"She's not just a girl. She's mine," I stated, landing a punch on his face.

The guy wiped the blood from his lips and chuckled at me, clearly underestimating me. Compared to him, I appeared much smaller physically.

"I could sell her to you. How about that? I'll give her to you if you pay me," the guy taunted, carrying Becky in one hand before throwing her towards me.

"Tre, get the briefcase from the chopper and hit him with it," I instructed, holding onto Becky.

While the island's beauty remained undeniable, it had become tainted by the cruelty of its inhabitants and the mystery surrounding the bar. The contrast between the pristine shores and the malevolent hearts painted an unsettling picture, leaving me torn between the allure of the island's natural wonders and the eerie undercurrents that permeated every aspect of this enchanting yet treacherous place.

"This is all your fault," Becky whispered as she settled herself in the chopper.

"I know. I'm sorry," I murmured, feeling remorseful.

We waited inside the chopper and watched as Tre approached us, carrying the briefcase in his hand. He smiled at me and closed the door behind him.

"I thought you were going to buy me. Why is the briefcase here?" Becky asked, confused.

Tre chuckled and shook his head. "If he hadn't hurt you earlier, maybe we would have considered doubling the price for you. But since he did hurt you, he deserves to pay the price."

I couldn't help but smile at Tre's response.

"Tre," I called his name.

"Yeah?"

"I've raised you well," I said, chuckling softly.

"Freen, Tre!" Becky interrupted, calling our names in frustration.

A/N: Happy 10k reads! Thank you for reading this story. The ending is coming, so I hope you'll still read this until the end  Thank you so so much vivies!