EPILOGUE

"Billy! Stop playing with the gun. Can't you see it's only for kids aged eight and up?" I scolded my son, taking the toy gun from his hands. "Who gave this to you?" I asked.

"Daday..." he replied, running towards his daday.

Freen chuckled and affectionately ruffled Billy's hair as his small hands rested on her waist. "Don't scold him too much."

"Why not? What if he accidentally shoots someone? Do you want me to get shot with this?" I questioned Freen, and Billy clung to her tightly.

"Pew," Freen said, mimicking a finger gun and shooting a heart in my direction. She chuckled, urging me to apologize to Billy since he was startled by my scolding.

"Billy, come here," I said, softening my tone.

Billy looked at me with sad eyes and slowly embraced me, prompting me to hug him back.

"I'm sorry, mommy. I just wanted to play with guns and be like Uncle Tre. Based on your stories, he was such a good guy. I want to be like him and protect you and daday, just like he did," Billy explained, tears streaming down his face as he clung to me.

"I understand, but you're still too young for that. Once you grow up, I'll train you to be the best so you can protect yourself when neither your daday nor I are around anymore. Is that okay?" I reassured him.

Billy nodded eagerly and hugged me tightly. Freen approached us and joined the embrace.

I felt the warmth in their arms.

Finally, I have a real family. A family that doesn't see me as weak. A family I can rely on in times of need.

"But mommy, can I make a request?" Billy asked. "I want a baby sister."

I glanced at Freen and smirked.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" she innocently inquired.

"I'm done giving birth to Billy. Didn't you say you wanted to share my pain?" I teased.

Freen gulped and nodded. "Billy, are you sure about your request? I could get you a machine gun."

"Freen?" I scolded her, but she only chuckled.

Freen picked up Billy and dashed away from me.

"Once I catch both of you, I'll scold you both!" I shouted, chasing after them.

This is the life that I wished for. Freen, me and the children who we'd watch grow. It's hard to let go the life we used to live, but for our little Billy, we would do everything for him to have a peaceful life.

Thank you for existing, Freen. Thank you for making all my wish come true. Thank you for loving me with all your heart.

We'll keep our promise to Tre, we'll grow together and build a family.

I looked up and smiled.

Wherever you are, Tre. I hope you're proud. We'll take care of our child, and make sure he'll have you as his inspiration.

"Mom, why did you stop running?" Billy asked.

I smiled at him.

"I'm coming, so you better run now," I said and chased them again.