Chapter 27: Flashback

BECKY

Why is it always me who suffers? Why am I the only one who feels the pain in this life? I was born with a silver spoon, but I grew up without loving parents. However, they threw me into a hellish university, making me suffer simply because I was a girl. They believed that being a woman would only give them headaches.

My father sold me for a fair price, and my fiancé tried to assault me. I hid in the basement, surrounded by pictures of Freen, like a psychopath. I would talk to those pictures, pleading for someone to save me.

Fortunately, one day, my mother-in-law took me somewhere to help with the groceries, and from a distance, I spotted Freen. She was with a guy. At first, I thought she might be married. But when I saw him at the wedding venue, I smiled. I knew he worked with Freen, so I pretended not to know anything.

I acted as if I didn't know she had kidnapped me, testing her to see how much she loved me. I was surprised by her devotion. To protect myself, I tried to improve my skills, learning boxing, firing, and other martial arts. But jealousy was the only thing that hurt me.

"Did you know? Before you came here, F had another woman," Sei mentioned while we were busy running on the field.

"Another woman?" I asked, puzzled.

"Hmm," he nodded. "Cinque. She used to stay in F's bedroom. However, some say F didn't like her. It was Cinque who pushed herself onto F." Sei shrugged and ran faster.

From that moment on, I couldn't stop imagining Cinque and Freen in bed, doing things they shouldn't. It tore me apart, but I wasn't in a position to do anything. Freen needed Cinque more than me.

One morning, Cinque entered my room, delivering the milk I had asked for because she claimed the head maid was tired. I wanted to drink my milk along with my medicine, but Cinque confessed her jealousy.

"I know I can't steal you from her, but can you share her with me? I love her so much, Becky. I can't live without her," Cinque pleaded.

"I love her too, but I can't share her. She's not an object. She's too precious," I replied firmly.

Cinque nodded and handed me the milk. Unbeknownst to me, she had put too much drug in it. I wanted to call for help, but I couldn't. The next thing I remember is waking up in a hospital, with Freen looking furious. I thought she was worried about me, but I overheard her saying that my poisoning had brought her luck. I realized she might sacrifice me to accomplish her mission.

I didn't tell her everything because I was afraid she wouldn't believe me, even though I knew Cinque was the one who poisoned me.

"Are you sure you don't want me to find you a donor?" Otto asked, and I shook my head.

"Freen was fine and doing well while I was away. I just didn't know how to say goodbye," I smiled at Otto.

"Becky, you can still live. We just need to find a donor. You don't have to die," Otto pleaded.

"How? You've already tried, right? If Freen finds out, she'll kill someone to get their heart. I don't want that to happen. I also don't want a criminal's heart," I chuckled weakly.

Otto approached me and caressed my hair. "Stay healthy, Becky. Just wait, and we'll find you a donor."

After that, I waited for Freen to come home. They told me she went to the village because her mother had passed away. When she returned, I tried to comfort her, but she chased me away. I begged her, but she wasn't convinced of my innocence.

Tre told me not to forgive her easily, so I tried not to give in. But seeing her cry and beg made me want to forgive her quickly. I had suffered a lot while on the private island, but the thought of Freen hurt me the most. I wondered how she was doing. Was she okay while I was away? I wanted to see her, but I thought this was the best way since I was going to die too.

"Stay alive, Becky. I'll do everything to find you a donor," Tre said and messed my hair.

"You don't have to, Tre. I don't want the heart of our enemy if you're planning to kill my mother and give me her heart." I chuckled.

"Then should I kill someone for you?" Tre asked, making me roll my eyes. "I'm just kidding." He chuckled.

"I want a donor who's willing to give their heart to me, not someone who has no choice. So, don't kill anyone for me, okay?" I asked Tre and he raised his thumbs up.

Tre pulled in a tight hug and kissed my forehead.

"I want to protect you and Freen even if it costs my life. I want to see you two grow more and build your family. I want to be part of your life until then," Tre whispered between our hugs.

I wanted to stay a little longer and tell Freen how much I loved her. I wanted her to know how much she had changed my life. Even if we couldn't be together, I wanted her to know how happy I was to have known her in the short time we spent together. She was the best thing that had ever happened to me.

"Please, help him, Tre," I cried.

Tre carried Freen outside, and Cinque followed, but I grabbed her arm and slapped her hard.

"I changed my mind. You don't deserve to live anymore, you asshole!" I shouted angrily.