Chapter 25: The Real Culprit

The maids and guards were overjoyed to see Becky return to the manor, except for Cinque. She had a frown on her face throughout the celebration, but I chose to ignore her. She was starting to get on my nerves with her behavior. If she wasn't so good at her job, I would have kicked her out. However, at the moment, I needed her help to locate Becky's mother.

"Becky, the garden missed you so much," the head maid exclaimed, looking concerned at Becky's bruised body. "Where did you get all these bruises?" she asked.

I turned to them, and Becky gestured for the maid to stay quiet. The maid smiled knowingly at me, and Becky calmly excused herself, saying she needed to freshen up first.

Silently, I followed Becky into her room, watching as she undressed. As she removed her clothes, I saw the multitude of bruises on her back, and tears welled up in my eyes as I imagined the pain she must have endured during those days.

Slowly, I approached her and hugged her from behind, causing her to flinch. She seemed unaware of my presence until now.

"I'm sorry, baby," I whispered, burying my face in her neck. "I'm sorry for accusing you. I'm so sorry," I sobbed, my tears falling on her shoulder.

"It's fine. I won't be here for too long," she said, removing my hands from around her waist and turning to face me.

Becky wiped away the tears from my eyes and smiled sweetly.

"Do you really want to leave? I can give you money to start a new life. We can build a business somewhere, and you can finally live your life," I offered, a tinge of pain in my voice. "It hurts to let you go, but if this is the only way for you to find peace, I'll do it for you."

"I'll stay with you until my last breath, Freen," she replied, smiling, cupping my cheeks in her hands. "I still want to give my heart to you, but would you still want it even if it's already expiring?" She chuckled softly.

Her words made me cry even more. I pulled her into a tight hug and shook my head.

"Please, don't say that. We'll find a donor for you. I'll do anything for you," I cried, holding her tightly.

"I've tried. I asked Otto for help, but he couldn't find someone who could help me. Maybe this life isn't meant for me," Becky said, caressing the back of my head. "And I'm standing here naked, Freen. Can I take a shower first?"

I had forgotten about that.

I stepped back from the embrace and nodded. Becky chuckled and gave me a delicate kiss on the lips before entering the bathroom.

While waiting for Becky, I went to my office and called Otto and Tre. I asked them to find a donor for Becky. Then, I called Sei because he had mentioned earlier that he needed to tell me something important.

"What is it?" I asked anxiously.

"Your eyes are swollen, F," Sei muttered in a low voice.

"Forget about my eyes. Tell me what you wanted to say," I insisted, rolling my eyes.

"While on a mission, I saw Cinque talking to someone on the phone. I followed her and discovered that she was speaking to Becky's mother," Sei revealed, his voice filled with regret. "I believe she's the traitor, F."

My heart raced as I stood up, feeling a surge of emotions.

"Are you sure about this?" I asked, trying to steady my voice.

"Before reporting to you, I gathered more information. I found out that Becky's father didn't die from a heart attack as she claimed. He was killed by Digoxin toxicity, and Becky's mother was responsible for it. Cinque helped poison Becky," Sei added. "Becky kept it hidden because she thought you wouldn't believe her."

Enraged, I punched the wall behind me upon hearing Sei's report.

"Did Cinque kill my mother?" I demanded.

"Not directly. Becky's mother ordered Mr. Harrison to kill her, and Cinque provided him with the information about your mother's whereabouts," Sei confessed, his voice full of remorse as he knelt down. "I apologize for not realizing her betrayal sooner, F."

"Don't let Cinque suspect that we know the truth. Let's play her game for now. I want to be the one to confront her," I declared.

Sei stood up and excused himself.

Returning to Becky's room, I found her already asleep. She must have been exhausted from everything she had been through in the past few days. I lay down beside her, and she immediately snuggled up to me. I gently caressed her hair and kissed her forehead.

"I'm sorry for everything, baby. Just wait. I'll bring justice to those who hurt you, especially the one who poisoned you. I'll end them with my own hands, babe. Using an unsharpened knife," I whispered.

"Let me do it, babe," Becky responded. "Let me deal with her in my own way."