Chapter 13: Wrath

"Can you sit beside me?" Becky asked as we sat down for dinner with my personal guards: Tre, Cinque, and Sei.

I moved my chair closer to her, and the three of them looked at me. They were seated on one side, facing us. It was clear that they would notice any affectionate gestures between us.

Becky grinned mischievously and playfully asked me to open my mouth so she could feed me. The three guards chuckled, and I shot them a playful glare. They quickly returned to their meals. I complied with Becky's request, and she giggled as she fed me.

A few minutes later, Cinque received a call and had to excuse herself. Becky returned to her usual self and gestured for me to move back to my previous spot. I wondered if she did that to make Cinque jealous. Did she think Cinque had feelings for me?

Amused by my own thoughts, I chuckled. Becky glared at me, silently questioning if she had said something funny. I shook my head and moved back to my original seat. Just then, Cinque returned to the dining area, her gaze directed towards me. She leaned in to whisper something, but Becky stood up abruptly.

We all turned our attention to her, and she shook her head while avoiding eye contact. Cinque leaned in again, attempting to continue her whispered conversation.

"Their boss is looking for the girl who did it. They think it was you. They plan to attack us tomorrow, and they're currently at their personal bar tonight," Cinque explained.

I glanced at Tre and Sei, and they were already aware of what needed to be done. They nodded and stood up. Then, I turned to Cinque and instructed her to prepare my bulletproof car. If they wanted a war, we would give them one.

"What's happening?" Becky asked, confusion evident in her voice.

"We're going to a bar. We need to neutralize the rival organization before they make a move tomorrow," I explained.

"I'll go with you," she declared firmly. "I won't be a burden. I can handle myself."

I sighed, knowing I couldn't dissuade her. I told her to change into comfortable clothes and wear a bulletproof vest. As she left, I turned to Tre.

"Ensure her safety at all costs. Provide her with the necessary protection. The more, the better," I said, patting his shoulder reassuringly.

I followed Cinque to my room to retrieve the weapon I had recently acquired. This would be my first time using it, and I wanted to test it out alongside him.

We all made our way to the bar. I immediately employed the gun equipped with a built-in silencer, ensuring our presence remained unnoticed. There were no customers inside, as they were likely busy strategizing their attack for the following day.

However, several workers were serving drinks to them. I specifically instructed my guards not to harm the innocent workers. I noticed that Becky seemed uncomfortable with the number of guards surrounding her, so she pushed one of them aside and walked alone.

"Tre, proceed with the plan. I'll follow Becky," I instructed him, and he nodded in acknowledgment.

Becky ventured into a secret alley. I furrowed my brow when I noticed someone talking to her as if they knew each other. The man guided her to the VIP area, and every man they passed seemed to follow her. Questions swirled in my mind. What was Becky hiding? How did she know them?

Becky motioned for the man to come closer and whispered something to him. He nodded and swiftly eliminated the guards in the area. I immediately concealed myself, my heart pounding in my chest.

What was happening? Becky had a spy within the rival organization, and she hadn't informed me?

The man noticed me hiding and our eyes met. Both our hands remained frozen in that moment. Suddenly, the man knelt down and lowered his head, leaving me perplexed.

"F... Thank you for instructing B not to kill me during the operation. That bastard had my family captive and ordered me to eliminate anyone passing through the tunnel, or else he would kill them," the man explained. "B told me that if I pledged loyalty to you, everyone would be safe."

I had no idea that Becky had made such an arrangement without my knowledge. That must be why she had mentioned "29" when Tre had identified 30 enemies in the area.

"Return to your family. Once everything is resolved, I'll provide you with the means to start anew. Understood?" I asked.

The man trembled but managed to nod. I followed Becky into the room, and just as I was about to open the door, I heard bottles shattering, tables breaking, and people grunting inside. My heart raced as I swung the door open, revealing Becky holding the boss from behind, a sharp knife pressed against his throat.

"Tell me, Freen. Do you still want his head?" Becky asked, her voice cold and devoid of emotion. She was no longer the same Becky who had fed me moments ago. Her eyes blazed with intensity, ready to slit the boss's throat at any moment.

I shook my head, and the boss let out a sigh. However, Becky proceeded to slit his throat, causing his lifeless body to collapse onto the floor. I rushed towards her and gently took the knife from her hand.

Becky trembled and embraced me tightly. She wasn't prepared for this. She had only done it for me, and she didn't want to kill anyone, especially not with her own hands. She preferred using a gun over a knife.

"Did I do well?" she asked, her body still trembling. "Are you proud of me?"

"You did exceptionally well. Now, let's get out of here," I whispered, kissing her forehead before guiding her back to the car.

Becky asked me three times if she had done well. I couldn't comprehend what was going through her mind, but I always assured her that I was proud of her and that she didn't need to do anything for me.

"Freenky," Becky called my name in her sweet voice.

"Yes?"

"I love you," she said, smiling.

"I love you too."

It pained me. Why did it feel like Becky was struggling with something she didn't want to share with me?