𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚝𝚠𝚘 🥀

A nervous gag gets trapped in my throat as I try to avoid direct eye contact.

"Mark, you may leave for now." He ordered, and of course Mark instantly left. My senses had heightened that even the sound of the door closing behind me caused me to flinch slightly. I licked my dry lips and tried to stand straight. "Aren't you going to look me in the eyes?" He asked, me.

I kid you not, I feared this day would come ever since Hazel was born.

I inhaled his familiar scent and my knees weakened. It only showed me how much of a failure I was to move on from him- even after all these years.

"Look at me, Lia."

I hesitantly showed him my eyes and it burned how much he reminded me of Hazel. She looked more like him than she did me. Their dark features, his nose, his lips.. My eyes flickered down to the new ink on his neck, just beneath his ear. I couldn't exactly read what the tattoo said.

"I've missed-"

I slapped him and he lowered his gaze. "You don't get to just show up- - and you certainly do not get to decide when it is that you feel is right to re enter my life."

There was some redness on his skin just above his jaw when he looked at me again. "It didn't take much to love you, but leaving you, Lia, took everything I fucking had." He said, stepping closer, "It didn't seem that way when you released my hand that day without a second thought." I reminded him.

I vividly remembered how he walked to his car without sparing me a second glance. He was well aware of the possibility of me being with his child yet still he handed me over to my mother just like that.

"It was so easy for you to just- leave." I then laughed, hysterically. "I mean, of course it was, after all it wasn't you who was left behind in that - - that house where we-"

My vision began to blur from the tears as I choked on my words.

He stared at me when I couldn't finish my sentence.

I stood there like an idiot crying for him, something which I promised myself I'd never do again. His hand then took my shoulders and pulled me into his chest. His shirt folded in between my fingers and his hand rested on the back of my head, "I know."

"You left." I said, then pressing my fists on his chest, "you- fucking left! I was left alone and you didn't even call once-" my fists were continuously bashing against him and he took a step back. "I hate you- I hate you with everything I have!"

"Lia." He called and I slowly pulled my fists away as I came into realisation. I pressed my hand on my mouth and shook my head, "Oh- oh, God, I've lost it." I muttered to myself. I rubbed my face and sat down on the sofa behind me.

"I didn't mean- I never meant to slap you- hm." I buried my face in my two hands embarrassed and frustrated.

"You can hit me all you want." He said, and I pulled my hands away when he knelt infront of my knees. "Why are you back, Jungkook?" I asked, tired.

Oh, how much I truly missed his face. It was the truth no matter how hard I tried to deny it. The thing is, to me, I never stopped loving him, but I did learn to manage those feelings for Hazel's sake. I couldn't be selfish.

"I returned, hoping that I could be the man that you deserve."

I looked at him, "By not saying goodbye that night made part of me believe that you were coming back for me. But now that you're here..I only want you gone again." His brows twitched and he took my hands into his on my lap, "Lia, don't say that-"