𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚎𝚕𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚗 🥀

"I'm going to go put Hazel in her bed." I said, closing the door. He nodded and kissed Hazel on the cheek, "Goodnight, Angel." He whispered, and I smiled, before climbing the stairs. "I hope you had a good day with daddy.." I said quietly, walking into her room.

She shuffled in my arms and I slowly bent over her bed, placing her down on the mattress. "Have a good sleep, my baby, I love you." I said, tucking her in, and standing there watching her for a few moments.

Just watching her calmed me entirely. She was back home with me.

I kissed my fingers and pressed them on her lips, but just as I retrieved my arm, a pair of hands held my waist from behind, I gasped slightly before smiling and turning halfway, "Ares.."

His hands turn me completely to face him and my breath gets caught in my throat.

It wasn't him. It wasn't Ares.

"Ares, Ares, Ares..." his voice mocked, his fingers digging into my soft sides, "It is the only name you ever fucking mutter." He grunts, and my hands tremble as I lift them to my chest, "How did you get in-" I stammered, "I saw you walking-"

"And you definitely are moaning his name too." He interrupted me. I gulped, but my mouth remained just as dry, "Has it been that long?" He then asks, pressing me further into him. My eyes flickered up to the ceiling when his mouth hovered above my ear, "I dare you to say his name when with me," he whispers, his teeth grazing the shell of my ear.

The blood rushed to my face as I held his forearms, "Jungkook-"

"Hm." He hums in response, pulling me away from Hazel's bed, "Y-you need to leave, right now-" I demanded, but he scoffed,  "So you can go back to him?"

"It's not like that-"

"But it is." He says through gritted teeth, his anger and irritation clear. "He fucks you with his eyes, and you simply let him, why, because you let yourself be deceived over, and over again." He grunted, his jaw clenching and un clenching as he spoke.

"You're right, but not by him, by you." I answered, pushing on his arms. "You do nothing but lie, you make fake promises, and now you won't even let me move on!" I whispered, harshly.

"I never lied to you, Lia, choosing your mother that day was the most responsible-"
"No, fuck you- and you're bullshit." I interrupted him. "Leave. Leave my house right now before I-"

"You don't listen." he hisses, "You never do, Lia, fuck-" he cruses, before looking back at Hazel as she shuffled in her bed. "Jungkook." I said, quietly. His hands released my waist and ran up my throat to hold face, "Feel me." He says, and I tried pulling his hands away, "No, please, we can't-"

"Why, what are you so afraid of?" He mutters, then forcing my hand to touch below his chest.

"I'm- I'm not afraid." I lied through my teeth, but he saw right through me.

"Then kiss me." He said, his dark eyes boring into mine. He shakes his head at my silence, "You'll spread your legs for your work crush, but not for the father of your child?"

"My sex life is none of your business." I snapped, and the edge of his lips twitched.

"Lia?" I heard Ares's voice from outside, Jungkook's eyes immediately flickering up to the door, his lips now curving. I grabbed his arm to stop him from opening the door, "Please, just stay quiet." I said, before opening the door ajar. My heart beat was accelerating. It was like I was hiding a boy from my parents in my room.

"Sorry, she asked me to sing her to sleep.." I began, shutting the door behind me. "Don't apologise, but I have to leave." He replied, and my shoulders sunk. "Oh." I said. "I just got a call from home, it's urgent." He explains, but my brows creased, "Is everything alright?" I asked, and he leant forward to kiss my temple, "It's fine, my love, Lienna just needs me for bed time." He says, and I smile.

"Okay, I'll see you later then?" I said, walking him downstairs, to the door. "Definitely." He smiles, but I remember Jungkook is waiting upstairs. "Drive safely." I warned, watching him leave.

"My love?" I hear Jungkook's voice and I immediately slam the door in response. "Shit!" I muttered, pressing my palm on my chest, "Daddy's still here!" I heard Hazel's voice, and we both looked up at the top of the stairs. "Oh, baby, go back to sleep-" I sighed, but she had already began stepping down.

"Daddy!" She smiled, then running past me and to him. "My Princess." He says, lifting her. She hugs him, again like a monkey, with her face buried into his neck. "You want to sleep in daddy's arms tonight?" He asks her, whilst walking toward the living room.

She nodded, her eyes already closed as her head hung over his shoulder. I followed them and watched him sit on one of the sofas. "Hazel, you have a bed, you mustn't sleep in someone's arms." I said, but she only whined in response.

"Leave it." He says, his eyes flickering to mine. "One night won't spoil her." I bit my lip and sat in front of them. He slowly loosened his hold on her so that she could sit on his lap with her body pressed on his stomach. She looked so small, and comfy. She was already knocked out.

"Wow, that easy, huh." I scoffed, quietly. "When she was younger she would only sleep if she was in mine, or Ma's arms," I told him. "This, is a very bad habit of hers which I just got rid of."

"Move in with me." He suddenly says, and I look up at him like he's a mental man.

"You're insane-"

"You have my child." He cuts me off, and my lips part. "Jungkook, I can't just drop everything here and come live with you-"

"I want you both in my life, Lia, I want to come home to my wife and daughter."

"And what happens when she finds out who her father really is?"

"Was." He replied.

"And her grandfather?" I continued, "He still carries a gun in his pocket, no?" His silence proved me right, "Changed or not, you were, are, and will always be a criminal, and I never want for Hazel to go through what happened to me that night." I said, standing.

"I will protect her-"

"At the cost of a life?" I scoffed, "No, better you had been gone forever." I said walking out to hide my tears. It pained me to say such heartless things to him, but it was the truth, and the only way to push him away from us.

I walked into the kitchen and took a glass to the sink. I didn't fill it just yet, but stared at it. I then heard door open from behind me. My eyes shut and I wiped my lashes.

"My father he— this was how I was brought up, Lia. I had no mother to guide in some other direction. All there was for me was the Mafia- they were my family-"

"Murderers?" I muttered, glancing over my shoulder at him. "They weren't your family. They're just sick people, sick for bringing a child into such business."

"I never hurt innocent people-"

"But you did- -  you repeatedly hurt me all those years ago, and still are now." I told him, and he took a step closer to me, "Please." He sighs, holding my neck.

His eyes flickered to my mouth, "I've been so—deprived..and empty." He whispered, his pupils dilating as he glances down at my lips. He then slowly lowers himself for his mouth to hover just above mine, with his thumb running up my jaw to tilt my face up.

He was like a drug to me, one I couldn't resist.