𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚎𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗 🥀

LIA'S POV:

Jungkook immediately released me and I stood straight, "baby.." I said, walking to her but her face was all red, "Oh, what's wrong?" I asked, kneeling in front of her. "Mr snuggles.. he..he died, mummy!" She cried, into my shoulder and I turned with her in my arms to glare at Jungkook. He rubbed his jaw and took a step closer towards us, "Princess, let me see Mr Snuggles." He told her, and she pulled away from my grasp and took his hand. "I may be able to bring him back to life." He said, as they walked out of the kitchen. I followed behind them. "Oh, mummy, here." Hazel said, as we climbed the stairs. She pulled out my phone from her small pocket, it was a miracle it hadn't fallen out before. "Did Ma call?" I asked, looking at the incoming call that had been answered a few minutes ago. She nodded, "I said to Ma, daddy is here."

As the words left her lips, I took her hand from Jungkook's and spun her around to face me, "Hazel, what did you-"

"But Ma is funny, daddy is not Lienna's daddy. I have mine." She giggled, but my eyes flickered to him. Fuck.  "Let's go, Hazel." He said, his jaw, however, tight, and his eyes dark. "Ma can be confusing at times, sweetheart." I said, quietly. She took him into her play room and I waited outside. I tried calling my mother again but there was no connection. She must've boarded the flight. I glanced up from my phone to catch him attempting CPR on Mr Snuggles, it was only moments after that Hazel suddenly hugged him, and after ran to me with Snuggles.

"Daddy is real doctor! Snuggles is.. saved!" She announced in excitement. "Did you thank Daddy?" I asked her, and she paused, "I did, I did!"

"Put Snuggles to rest, my love." He said, coming from behind her. His hand held her small head and he caressed her hair before turning her towards her bed. "Okay, daddy." She said, slowly taking her teddy to bed. "A doctor, huh?" I said, my eyes meeting his. "I can be anything she wants." He answered.

"Do you...want to stay for the night?" I asked him. "For Hazel."

"Is daddy staying?" Hazel quietly gasped, from her bed. "He is."  He said, his eyes flickering to my mouth as I tried to bite away my smile.

_________

A couple of hours after:

Hazel had fallen asleep in her bed a while ago now and I was trying to figure out what to do with this man. "How is your father?" I asked him, and it was a stupid question. I knew he disliked talking about him. "How is your mother?" He questioned back. Touché.

I smiled taking another sip of my almost finished wine. "Do you know what I've always wondered?" He then said, and I looked at him again, "What it would've been like if we met under a different circumstance." I scoffed, "We wouldn't have met." I told him honestly with a chuckle.

"I mean, look at me."

"I am." He said, and the smile disappeared from my lips. "Yeah, well, you and I both remember that night before you left for Japan. And I know why you did it." I felt sobered up from this draining conversation, and so poured myself another glass. "I don't think you would've even given me a second glance if under another circumstance, Jungkook."

He places his drink down and stood to walk over to me on the sofa in front of him. He sat beside me and I looked at him with a raised brow, "What?"

"Well, we're not under another circumstance and I'm looking at you right now." He said, and I shook my head at his stupidity. "You see.." he began, taking my glass away from my hand and placing it on the table. "No, Lia, look at me." He then said, his hand taking my jaw after. My lips parted and he pushed himself onto me till I touched his shoulders. "What are you-"