𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚝𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢 𝚘𝚗𝚎 🥀

JEON JUNGKOOK:

4 hours later.

I knelt in front of her and she slowly glanced up at me. "How did you find me?" she murmured, and I furrowed my brows. "This entire scheme, what for?" I asked her, instead of answering her question. "You may have had my father fooled, but not his son. The moment my father mentioned the Russians I knew what was going on, but I had to play along. The both of you haven't been seeing each other." I scoffed. "Did you really think I wouldn't know if my father was seeing you? Or if the Russians were really after my daughter?"

"Then why not tell Lia?" she asked, and I shook my head, "No, I promised her I'd bring back her mother-whom she may loath by the time she faces her again. I mean, breaking up her only ever relationship with the man she loves and potentially ruining her daughters life, May?"

Nothing but horror filled her eyes.

"There are no Russians, is what you'll tell her. And I'm sure my bastard father has already told her some bullshit story to earn back her trust." I rubbed my temples and groaned at their ignorance. "The two of you.." I laughed in her face, rage, however, running through my veins. "Will reach any fucking extent to spilt us up." I growled, "Faking your own damn kidnapping? You should feel shameful, you are no mother."

Her eyes widened.

"Your father agreed to playing his part-" she began, but I pressed my balled fist to my forehead, "Like, I said, bastard father- he only wanted me because without my support and power..his underground mafia will starve after his death. And you knew I was in Lia's life again, but you just couldn't handle her leaving you, for me" I told her, and her face flushed.

"I never wanted her to hate me." she whispered, regret washed all over her sorry face.

"You do not deserve her, May." I said, and she couldn't even look up at me. "But Lia deserves the world." I continued, leaning closer to her. "And I'm going to give it to her." I extended out my hand to her and she stared at my palm.

"Your blessing." I said, and her eyes snapped up to mine. "She has been fed nothing but lies over lies.." I tightened my jaw, "So, take my hand, or lose your daughter forever."

She licked her dry lips and hesitantly lifted her hand till it hovered closely above mine. The edge of my lips curved up and I grabbed her palm squeezing it. She gasped, and I stood, pulling her up with me. "Ready to speak the truth, May?" I asked, tugging her closer. "Or should I call you Ma?"

_________

LIA:

It had been hours since Jungkook and I had spoken.

"Wan some, Mama?" Hazel asked, and I glanced down at her eating her chicken nuggets. I smiled and cleaned her mouth, "No, my baby, you eat all of them."

"Are you waiting for daddy?" she then said, and I nodded. "So he doesn't eat alone." I told her, and she smiled with her cheeks puffed of nuggets.

I hope my mother and Jungkook are alright...

Jaeh walked into the kitchen and I looked up, "Having dinner, little one." he said, glancing at Hazel, and she nodded, "Chick nug." she said, with her mouth full. "Have you spoken to Jungkook or my mother?" I asked, lowering my voice. "We must ask the Russians for proof that they really do have her." I said, and his face went blank. It was as if he was trying to gather his words carefully because I was met with silence. "Jaeh-"

"Yes, I already spoke with her." he said, and I stood from the stool, "What? Why would you not give me the phone-"

"Lia, this isn't a family meeting that they will let your mother speak with everyone." he said, and my shoulders fell. "When did you have this call?" I asked, and he walked over to the bottles of alcohol. "My business, Lia, it needs my son." he muttered, and I looked at him confused. "What does your business have anything to do with my mother?" I questioned, as he continued to scan each bottle on the counter, "Your mother knew you were seeing Jungkook again." he said, and I walked over to him. "I was going to tell her-"

"She told me how stressed she was and that is why I asked her to fly over to me for a break." he continued, "Therefore, whose fault is it that the Russians were able to take her in the first place?" he murmured and I continued to stare at him as his words sunk in.

"Are you...blaming me?" I whispered, in disbelief. He looked back at Hazel before lowering himself to whisper something for my ears only, "I'm only stating what is real." he told me. "If you had really left Jungkook, he would have never left me and Japan. My Mafia would be stronger.."

I heard the sound of a door opening and my head snapped right, "He's here!" I gasped, running out of the kitchen, but I immediately halted when I saw who was with Jungkook. "Oh, my god-" I cried, and my mothers eyes met mine. When I hugged her tight, I felt her arms rested by her sides instead of being wrapped around me. "I was so worried." I said, into her shoulder, "Are you hurt-"

"Tell her." Jungkook said, and I felt her arms slowly hold my forearms. I pulled away, and my eyes darted between them.

Jaeh walked out of the kitchen.

"Tell me what?" I sniffed, wiping my face, "The truth." Jungkook answered.

"I am so sorry, baby..." she began to sob, and I instantly reached for her. "No-No, its okay, Ma, you could have never known that the Ru-"

"No." she said, looking up at me, her eyes red like her cheeks. She looked over at Jungkook before returning her gaze to mine. "I was never taken by the Russians."

"May-" Jaeh said, like a warning, from behind us, and I turned around but she caught my arm, "No, look at me, Lia, and listen. I am nothing but a liar. I've placed lies over lies and fed it to you just to keep you and then Hazel with me." she said, and I shook my head in disbelief. "No-"

"There were no Russians. The day I found Hazel with Jungkook when she went missing, I knew he would do anything in his power to have his daughter."

I scoffed softly, "You told me you found her under a tree-"

"I called Jaeh the day after and we came up with this scheme to damage any chances there were for the two of you to get back together. I told Jaeh to come here and announce my kidnapping hoping that you would blame him and Jungkook." My heart fell and I had this sick feeling stirring within my womb as she spoke, "Jaeh needed Jungkook in Japan. We did this because we were-"

"Oh, enough-" I gasped, holding my face. "Please, just stop talking..."

"The story about Vladimir-" I said. "He lied to you, Lia." Jungkook told me, and my lips parted with deep breaths. "How could you-"

"Lia-"

"Don't say my name-" I said to my mother, balling my fists as I glanced up at her. All the worry and guilt I had built up inside of me had now died, and was replaced with nothing but hatred. Pure hatred.

I turned and walked back into the kitchen only to come out with hazel in my arms. "I can not believe I let you manipulate me." I said, and her eyes only watered more. "You were supposed to be the woman who not only cared for me, but respected whatever decisions I make, even if that meant leaving with Jungkook right now. I wanted to wait for him, hell, I was six months pregnant, and all I could think about was him and how badly my heart ached for his. But you, you turned that love into hatred, Ma. You made me believe that he was the villain- when really, it was you."

"No, baby, please-" she began, but I stepped away from her and gave Hazel to Jungkook. "You said, you would bring her back with her blessings, no?" I said, looking up at him, and he nodded, "Then let us leave. These two deserve each other because of how alike they are."

"She is my granddaughter, you can not take her away from me." she said, and I furrowed my brows at her. "If you can not be a mother to me, how will you care for her in any way?" I asked, and her lips parted, but she couldn't speak.

How could she? Her mouth was full of shame.

_______

May was a sweetheart in book one, but everyone's true colours come out one day.