𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚜𝚎𝚟𝚎n𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗 🥀

Song rec for chapter : the neighbourhood- Jealou$y (best part looped only) on YT.
_____

"Fine." I said, walking past him towards my car, but his footsteps followed close behind, "Fine?" he repeated, "That is all you have to say?" his fingers pulled on my blouse, tugging me back, "I will find work else where!" I snapped, stepping away from him. He nodded, his hand rubbing his jaw before meeting my eyes again, "And what will you do when I buy your else where company?" he asked, and I scoffed, "You can not buy everything-"

"I can make sure you do not get employed anywhere else, Lia, let it be here, or in another country." I gritted my teeth, "You're bluffing." I said, and he grinned at me. He grinned... "You're mad, sweetheart, and people make irrational decisions when they are." He spoke to me so calmly, but it only boiled my blood, "Do not call me that."

He took a step closer, my feet almost coming between his, "I'll call you whatever I want." He whispered, and I grabbed his tie, "I'll go with you to the event, but only under one condition of mine." I told him, and I could already see the smirk playing on his mouth, "What is it that you want?" He asked, "For you to leave Hazel and I alone, and to keep your word for it."

My condition slapped that smirk right off his face as he straightened his posture. My fingers loosened around his tie, but I held his gaze, "I rather watch my company burn." He replied, without a thought behind those dark eyes. "Give me your word, Jungkook." I asked him, but I was given silence in return of my wish. "Fuck the event, there will be no fucking event." He grunted, pressing his fist to his forehead, "Lia, if I wanted, if I truly fucking wanted it, I would've had that boy toy of yours thrown into a fucking boat and shipped to fuck knows where, but I resisted." He laughed, "I told my father I would never fucking be like him, but it is the little things that you say or do which sets me off. It either makes me want to kill whatever it is that has your attention, or, like a mad man, try to change who I am over night just to make sure I can wake up to you the next morning."

His chest rose and fell with his heavy breaths whilst I stood there taking it. "Now, if you ever say something like that to me again, I will go for Ares first, just how I did with Theo, do you understand?" My mouth was suddenly too dry for me to even speak. "With your words, Lia, tell me you understand." He repeated, and I swallowed hard, "I understand."

He nodded slowly, "I won't let the world swallow my daughter up the way it took me. I want to be there for her, to protect her, to protect the both of you, baby." He murmured, pressing his lips on my temple, "Because no one else will." His hand slipped up my throat and held my jaw, gently tilting my head up to his. "When my father died I thought I wouldn't be able to make it either." I confessed to him, "I felt so empty, like there had been a deep hole buried into my heart. I wouldn't wish that feeling upon anyone." His thumb stroked my cheek and his eyes told me that he was listening to my every word. "I want Hazel to know you, I want her to have you in her life." I told him, "But I need to accept that idea first."

"You could have me in your life too, Lia."

________

At home:

"What do you mean just for a few weeks?" I asked, my mother as she packed more of her clothes into the suitcase, "Just a few weeks, Lia, I'll be back before you even know it." she said, walking into her bathroom and coming out with her toothbrush. "And you didn't think to tell me in advance? I don't even know where you are going!" I laughed hysterically, and sat on the edge of her bed. "You seem a bit off." she commented, and I gave her a blank look. "Perhaps you leaving to, God knows where, is playing a part to that." I snapped, and she zipped her suitcase shut. "Canada." she said, and my brows creased, "I got a phone call last night and there is some one in Canada who knew your father, an old relative, you may say." she explained.