𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚝𝚎𝚗 🥀

LIA:

Something like a knot tightened in my stomach as I watched Hazel hug him. Her head was nuzzled into his throat as whilst he rested his chin on the crown of her head, and his large arms hid her from me almost entirely.

I then heard her mutter something only audible for his ears. They pulled apart after.

"Bye, Mama." She said, turning and looking up at me.

My eyes met Jungkook's, "I've-- I've packed her a bag." I said, giving him Hazel's backpack. "There are some extra clothes incase of an accident, water, bandages, and drive slow--"

"I know how to look after my daughter." he interrupted me.

My lips sealed shut and I lowered my gaze to Hazel. "Be back soon, okay?" I told her and she nodded. He lifted her and she clung onto him like a monkey as he opened the door. There was a smile on her lips and her cheeks were a deep pink. My fingers curled into my palms and my lips folded beneath my teeth as the door shut on my face.

My mother wasn't home and so I was-- completely alone.

My throat itched as I walked toward the kitchen to make a cup of coffee. He never told me where he was taking her, or for how long.

I should call to ask him-
Or maybe I shouldn't call at all.

I sat at the counter and stared down at my coffee. My home hadn't been this silent for a while. There was no muffled singing, or giggling, no talking, and no one constantly at my feet calling me.

There were no messages on my phone, and my work didn't need me either.

Should I call Ares?

I groaned, resting my head on the counter beside my cup. There was no reason for me to call him, I wasn't able to get him his job back. I no longer wanted the coffee and was going to pour it when my phone began vibrating. I placed the cup back down and glanced at the screen, my heart skipping a beat at the name.

I accepted it, but didn't say anything as I placed the phone against my ear. There was silence before he said my name, "Lia?" his tone was more gentle now than it was in my office. I cleared my throat, "Ares, I'm so sorry-"

"Lia, listen." he says, "Earlier today, I acted out anger and shock. I felt betrayed and lied to-but regardless of my feelings, it was not right to lash out on you and say those- God awful things to you. It was wrong of me to place the entire blame on you when he was the one who fired me." he explained and I felt the weight lifting off my chest as he spoke.
"Ares, if you gave me the chance, I'd explain everything to you." I said, my eyes pricking with tears as I remembered what Jungkook had called me for wanting to pursue Ares.

"Whatever happened between the two of you is your business." he answered, "I want to listen to you, not for him but for us." he then said, and my lips parted, "I am also standing, waiting outside your door."

"You are?" I asked surprised, walking out of the kitchen.

I walked toward the door with a smile growing on my lips. He hums in response and I open the door, the phone still on my ear as my eyes meet his. The edge of his mouth curves up as he stares at me apologetically, "May I come in?" he says, and I lean on the door, "Are you really here, Ares, or am I hallucinating?" I teased.

I make him crack a full smile before inviting him in. He took off his trench coat and shoes before following me. "Lia, I completely understand- and will respect it if you were to treat me how I did you." he began, and I sat down on a sofa. " What?" I said, confused, "I told you that whatever we had was over- but I never meant any of what I said-"

"Ares." I said, "Sit."

He sat beside me. "Now speak calmly." I told him.

"I want to start over with you." he said, his eyes studying my raw reaction.

"Ares, Jungkook isn't the type to-"

"I simply do not care what he wants." he answered, "I only need your consent."

I gulped realising how dry my throat had become. For how long was I going to let my past keep me from moving forward..

"I liked where we were going." I said, giving him my response to which he smiled. A tint of pink appearing on his cheeks.

"Would you like a drink?" I asked, standing. He nodded and stood after me, "I'll help with the glasses." he offered. We walked into the kitchen and I began listing some of my beverages, "I have some wine, some beer, juice, anything-" but my words were halted when I felt his hands grab my waist and spin me to face him.

My eyes had grown wide and I gasped when he pressed me slightly against the edge of one of the counters. He didn't say much else as his lips instantly met mine leaving me surprised. His fingers has buried themselves into my sides and his grip on me was firm as he pressed me into him, deepening the unexpected kiss.

He smelt and tasted heavenly. His manly scent and how he can be so innocent yet so sexy. There was just something about this man which captivates me.

He lets out a low grunt before running one of his hand through my hair, as if he was asserting his dominance when tilting my head up before pulling away, a few inches from my mouth. "I've been wanting to do this since that night." he breathed, his hands still firmly on me.
My lips were still parted and numb from all the sucking and biting, but my eyes were on his mouth.

He didn't look at me the way Jungkook did after kissing me. I don't think anyone ever has apart from him-

"What are you thinking about?" he asked, pulling me back. "Hm?" My eyes meet his.

"Lia." he whispers, moving the strands of hair from my face, "Nothing- just you.. I'm thinking of you." I answered smiling and holding his wrists, but his brows furrow. Then without saying anything he pulled me into a hug. The smile left my lips and I closed my eyes, resting the side of my face on his chest. "Thank you." I muttered, and he rocked up slowly. "What is bothering you?" he asked, caressing my back with his finger tips.

"Just hold me." I said, and he held me tighter.

He didn't make me feel alone.

____________

We left the kitchen and sat together on the sofa. He held me the entire time and we must've sat there for almost two hours, simply enjoying each other company. I felt my eye lids become heavy before slowly closing them, However he stood before I could fall asleep.

My eyes were still closed when he slid the pillow beneath my head, "Don't worry, I'll get it." he whispered, before walking away. "Is my baby home?" I mumbled, rubbing my eyes, and checking the time. I heard the door and instantly sat up realising how Ares just opened the door too.

"Ares-" I called, quickly following him.

I paused behind Ares, seeing Hazel asleep in Jungkook's arms at the doorstep. "I'll take her." Ares said, and Jungkooks jaw tightened.

"Don't worry, I will, but could you get her a blanket?" I asked Ares, trying to ease the tension. He glanced back at me and nodded, "Of course."

"It's cold, come inside with her." I told Jungkook, but he stood there, tightening his grip on her. His brows then relaxed when he glanced down at her, kissing her head goodbye. I stepped forward and slowly took her from him. Her eyes opened slightly and her face turned pink as she frowned before dropping her face into the crook of my neck.
Thank you." I said, looking at him, but his eyes flickered to Hazel.

"Here is the blanket." Ares said, from behind me. I turned to him to take it, but when I faced the door again Jungkook had already begun walking toward his car.