𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚜𝚒𝚡𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗 🥀

LIA'S POV:

"Morning!" Mark walked into my office and I wanted to pull my hair out. I winced, trying to smile as I glanced up at him. "Morning." I mumbled. "Rough night?" he asked, helping himself to a seat in front of my desk. "Hm, you could say that." I replied, "Was there something you needed, Mark?" My eyes pretending to go over some of my old designs as if I wasn't asleep before he came in.

"Well, there is this launch and-"

"The launch, yes." I said, my eye meeting his. "I was told about that already, thank you, Mark." I smiled, and he sat back in the chair. "Wear a dress." he tells me and I frown at him, "I wasn't going to come in my work trousers, now." I answered, and he scoffed, smiling. "So, you're going to it then?" he continued, and I nodded, returning my gaze to the designs. "These can be touched on, no?" I asked him, spinning the paper for it to face him. He leant forward, studying it, "Hm, they all seem perfect to me, Lia."

"You say that to all my designs- even the bad ones!" I gasped, falling back in my own chair. "Well, anyway, we can bring a date to this launch event." he told me, "Is there someone you're bringing?" I asked, eager to know if he was dating anyone. We only ever spoke professionally to one other. Maybe sometimes he'd ask about Hazel, but that was all.

"Me?" he scoffed, "Well, maybe, there might be a date." he said.

"Mark!" I teased, and his cheeks turned deep red.

"Well, who are you bringing?" he asked back, and I played with the pencil on my desk. "I can come alone, you know." I said, tilting my head at him. "Why would you come alone?" his brows pulled together. "Why not?" He shook his head, "There are no meetings this week." he changed the topic and I bit my lip. "Oh, right." I murmured, rubbing my temples.

"I can cover if you would like to go home." he suddenly said, and my our eyes met. "What?"

"I can see that you need it." he told me and I coughed, "No, Mark, I'm fine, really." I lied. I was exhausted. "As your manger, I'm telling you to leave, or take an early break." he said, standing. "I'll be back in ten, I want to see an empty office."

_________

"Oh, Ma'am!" I heard a feminine voice call making me turn my head. I was making my way to the elevator on my floor. Turns out I did listen to Mark. My eyes connected with the middle aged woman walking to me from the reception desk with a bouquet of flowers. "These were sent in for you, ma'am, but forgive me for forgetting to send them in earlier." She explained, and I took the beautiful bouquet from her hands. "Oh, this is..."

"I know..." she smiled, "From a lovely man, I presume. Enjoy the rest of your morning." She returned to her desk and I pressed the button to call the elevator. There was no card saying whom it was from, only my name was written on it.

The doors for the lift opened and I walked in with my nose in the flowers, "Did you like them?" A familiar voice spoke, and my head snapped up only for our eyes to meet. My first reaction was to rush out the closing doors behind me, but it was too late. I was too late..

"They're from you?" I asked, and he leant off the hand bar.

"Of course, they're from me." He answered, and my eyes flickered to the floor buttons. He had pressed the last floor therefore the doors weren't opening for the next couple of minutes. "Did you think your other boyfriend sent them?" He said, and I laid the bouquet on the floor, in the corner of the elevator. "Now they can be for anyone." I said, and he scoffed, rubbing his jaw. I noticed the stubble forming on his face and how long his hair had gotten.

"What are you doing here, anyway, I thought the CEO has no reason to be here." I said, taking a step back to keep distance between us. "Event planning." He answered, "Which you'll be my date to." He added, and my brows furrowed, "I never agreed to go with you." I argued back, and his jaw tightened, "I never really apologised for what I did last night." He began, "I don't want to speak about it." I interrupted him, and was about to face away from him, but he had grabbed my elbow. I tensed and he tugged me slightly closer, "Flowers mean nothing." I told him. "They stay pretty for a while, then die, because they don't last, they simply do not last- just like your apologies. So, now leave me alo-" He swallows my next words as his mouth presses down on mine mid sentence.

My back touches the closed doors and I feel him press his entire weight onto me. I could feel his everything...but, I also couldn't breathe, he was letting me have no air or time to adjust to his mouth-  "Stop-" I breathed, clenching his forearms, but he only deepened the kiss with his uninvited tongue. I moaned quietly in attempt of pushing at his chest, trying anything to break this kiss.

"They last longer if you take care of them." He murmured, after licking my lips one last time before pulling away only a little. "Well, I give up." I said, and the doors opened to which I stumbled a little, out of the elevator and instantly began walking toward the receptionist.

"Lia." He calls out to me...in public. In-front off all his employees. I ignored him and continued to walk to the exit doors. "Damn it. Lia." He said, again, and I looked at the two door men to open the doors for me. I left the building and sped up my pace. Was he still following me? I turned back to see no one. Finally.

-Was what I thought when I faced forward and almost fell on my ass. He grabbed my forearm, "How did you-"

"I'll let myself think that you never heard my voice calling you, Lia." He growled, the veins throbbing in his neck as his chest rose and fell. "Let go of me, Jung-"

"You're coming to my event, and you'll be there as my second half, to support the father of your child when he gives his speech." He continued, and I winced, feeling his fingers press deeper into my arm. "I'm busy that night, please." I said, but I knew he wouldn't listen. "Have your schedule cleared then." He responded. I open my mouth and closed it, my jaw tightened.

His other hand then slips up my throat and his fingers cup my jaw, "You shouldn't have plans, not when you have me." He whispered, kissing my lips and pulling away. My eyes opened and I turned my head to see Ares stranding a few feet away from us. A coffee in his hand and his eyes glued to mine.

"You did that on purpose-" I gasped quietly, pushing Jungkook away, "You knew he was watching-"

When I turned again, Ares had already walked into the building. "You care about him." Jungkook says, and I see his eyes darken as he took in my expression, "I care about a lot of people." I answered, "But not me." He shot back.

"I used to care about you, but now, I don't care what you do."

He raised his brows, "Is that so?" He asked, releasing my arm and I stood away from him. "Then, you're fired. Pack your things, Lia."