𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚏𝚘𝚞𝚛𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗 🥀

"Can I have a word?' he said, pulling away. "Jungkook, my mother is-"

"Leave Hazel with her, it won't take long." he told me. I was hesitant as I said, "give me a minute," and closed the door. I took Hazel up the stairs to my mother's room and sat her on the bed. "Ma, dinner is almost done, and I'll be back shortly." I told her, she had a towel on her head and was rubbing cream on her skin. "Hazel!" she smiled, and Hazel went to her. "Where will you be?" she asked me.

"Ares dropped Hazel and wanted to talk, but as I said, It wont be longer than a couple of minutes." I told her and her face lit up at the sound of Ares' name. "Take all night, sweetheart." she smiled, "I've got Hazel." she added as I was leaving the room.

I'd pay to see her face if I had told her who I was really meeting.

I opened the front door and closed it behind me as I walked out onto my front porch. I then found him leant on his car, smoking, might I add. He hadn't seen me yet, but I quickly approached him, being aware of my surroundings. "What did you want to say?" I asked, and he threw the cigarette on the floor. "Never smoke in front of Hazel." I warned him. "I'm not an idiot, Lia." he muttered, his dark eyes flickering down to mine.

"Get in." he then says, opening his car door behind him. My brows pulled together. "What-no, you said you needed a minute." I told him, but he kept the door open. Just like him, I also stood there staring back at him in silence. "I'm not getting in." I then said, and he drummed his fingers on the window. "I wasn't asking." he said, and I scoffed immediately turning back to my house but he had caught my elbow.

"It would be a shame if your mother called me when she found out Ares wasn't the one who had Hazel out all day." he murmured, into my hair. "She - she wouldn't call you-" I stammered.

"Just get in the car, Lia." he repeated, but this time I listened and got in. He shut the door and I took the seatbelt, my mind flooded with thoughts of my mothers suspicion.

"Where are we going?" I asked, looking at him as he got in, he didn't respond and began pulling into the road. "Still threatening me to make me come with you." I said. "Doesn't seem like much has changed-"

"And you're still as stubborn." he cut me off, "But some things just never change, do they?" he continued, glancing at me. He accelerated the speed and I looked at him, his lips curving up. "You want to know where I'm taking you?" he asked. "I'm taking you to my house, because last night wasn't enough for me." he continued.

"You think I will just give you sex?" I scoffed, and my eyes flickered to his hands on the wheel.

"You won't?" he said, clearly amused, and I ignored him. "Then what about right now?" he asked, and I looked at him, "In my car." he suddenly pulled up on the side of an empty road, and I held the edge of my seat when he braked hard.

"Are you insane!" I gasped, but when I turned to him I instantly froze. My lips had parted and my eyes had gone wide.

"I should've given this to you a while ago." he said, and my eyes didn't move from the velvet box in his palm. His fingers opened it, revealing the most beautiful ring. My eyes then flickered to his. "Say something." he said, but I wasn't sure on what to say to him.

He then reaches for my hand but I pull it from him, "I can't- what does the ring mean?" I asked him, "Shall I get down on one knee and propose to you from your feet?" he asked, and my mouth became dry. "Don't say no, Lia." he said, tilting his head.

"I have a number of reasons as to why I should say no." I said, my gaze falling back onto the ring.

"Drink over it." he murmured, his other hand reaching for my face. I let his fingers caress the side of my face.