𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚜𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚗 🥀

One week later :

"Is he your boyfriend yet?" My mother asked, as I watched Hazel choose a candy toy of her choice. I narrowed my eyes at her, "Ma, would you stop pestering me about him." I scoffed, retuning my attention to Hazel. "Mommy, can I go see chocolates?" Hazel asked, and I nodded, following her

"I am not pestering you, sweetheart." My mother continued, but I ignored her. "I just want what's best for you." She said, and I turned to her, "Perhaps dating my daughter's best friends father isn't the greatest idea." I sighed, "The date went fine, it was the most fun I've had with another in a long time, in fact. But it's not the right time-"

My mother's face suddenly goes pale and her eyes widen, "Lia, where is Hazel?" She asks, worry evident in her voice. My brows pulled together and I turned to see that she was no longer standing by my legs.

My heart dropped.
________

JEON JUNGKOOK:

"Stop here, I won't be long." I said to my Chauffeur as we pulled over to a local place. I got out of the car and pulled out my phone, calling my fathers number. "I thought you'd never call." He said, answering only a couple of seconds after.

"How's business in Japan?" I questioned, resting my phone on my shoulder as I pulled out a cigarette, "How's the business, you say?" He laughs, and I smirk lifting the cigar to my lips, "What do you want, son?" He responds, knowing the real reason I had called him.

"Lia has a fiancé." I muttered, my jaw tightening at the thought of her marrying some one else. "I see." My father replies. "And you wish to do what with him?" He continued but I was cut off by a child's scream.

My brows furrowed and I looked over, irritated by the chaos. It was a man holding a little girl by her wrist, however, she was struggling and crying. I shove my phone into my pocket and begin to walk toward them. The mans eyes met mine and the colour instantly drained from his face as I approached them.

I flicked the cigar from my fingers.

"Is he your father?" I asked, the little girl. Her cheeks were puffy and red like her eyes and she was holding a piece of candy in her other hand. "S-she is my daugh-"

"I was asking her." I snapped, my eyes flickering to the redness on her wrist from his strong grip. "S-stranger.." she whimpered, her lips coming out as she pouted at me. I crouched and wiped her cheeks with my knuckles. "Who the fuck are you?" The man hisses, and a long sigh leaves my lips as I stand straight, "Give her to me." I say, but he only tugs her closer to his side.

My brows twitch in frustration and I take his other hand, pulling it beneath my waistcoat and against the back of my belt where my gun was tucked in. Sweat forms on his forehead and he only runs without saying another word. Pussy.

"Come with me, I'll take you to your parents." I said, extending my hand out to her. She looked up at me with her big brown eyes and bursted out into tears again. My eyes grew wide slightly and I looked around, "What do I do with you.." I muttered, bending down and lifting her into my arms. My fingers gently wrapped around her swollen wrist, "What is your name, Sweetheart?" I asked, then wiping her nose.

"H-Hazel." She said, resting her other hand on my chest. I noticed it had become sticky from holding the candy for too long. "Did you get that from over there?" I asked, pointing to the convenient store across the road. She paused, staring at it. I began walking toward it in hope of her parents still being in there.

"How old are you?" I asked her. She turned her head back to me and suddenly grabbed my chain, playing with it.

"Hazel! Oh my-" I heard a woman voice yell and I looked up to see— Lia's mother?

I placed Hazel on the ground, "What do you think you're doing?" She gasped, taking Hazel to her side. "You should be thanking me. If it weren't for me she would've been taken by some other man." I answered.

"T-thank you for saving my- -my niece." She says, lowering her eyes.

My brows pull together, "Niece?" I repeat.

"We'll be leaving now, and I advise you to stay far away from us or you'll lead me no choice but to file a restraining order on you, Jungkook." She says, turning around but I watch Hazel as she looks back at me over May's shoulder.

She then lifts her little hand and waves at me with a smile, and I feel something tighten in my chest. I begin to make my way back to my car as I bring my phone to my ear, "I want Lia's medical history in front of me within the next hour."
_______

LIA'S POV:

"I am so, so sorry, I can't believe I let this happen." I cried, kissing Hazel's wrist. Hazel only stared at me slightly confused as to why I was crying so much. "I'm taking her to her room." I said, lifting her. We returned home as soon as my mother found her sitting alone on the grass outside.

"I can't believe she would just walk away from us just like that." I said, to my mother as she followed me up the stairs. "You sure there was no one around her?" I asked, and she shook her head, "No, when I left the store I saw her alone beside a tree." She replied.

"Then what happened to her wrist?" I continued, not entirely being able to understand the situation about what actually happened to Hazel. "She must've fallen over." My mother added.

I put Hazel in her bed and stared at her. "Ma, you know I'd go insane if anything were to happen to her." I said.

"She's safe now, isn't she?" She told me, rubbing my arm trying to comfort me. She then left the room but I stayed. "Momma." I hear Hazel say. I look up from my phone, "Yes, baby, what is it?" I asked.

"A nice man helped me." She tells me. "Helped you?" I say, and she nods. "I was taking candy and villain takes me from you, but good man helps me and scares villain." She explains.

"A villain took you from me?" I stated, and she nodded again, "Good man gave me a ride in his arms and I played with his necklace then." She continues. "But grandma said she found you sitting at a tree alone, baby." I told her, but she ignored me and began playing with her toys.

Do I believe my mother, or my daughter who watches too many cartoons?

"Thank you for telling me.." I said, kissing her forehead. "Welcome, mommy." She says, still focused on dressing her doll. I leave the room and search for my mother. "Ma?" I called and she answered from her room, I walk to it and stand at the door frame, "Hazel told me about a man." I told her.

"Okay?"

"Are you lying to me about what happened to Hazel?" I asked, narrowing my eyes at her. "There is no reason for me to lie about such a thing." She replied, avoiding my gaze.