𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚜𝚒𝚡 🥀

We had just dropped off Hazel and Lienna with my mother, and now, Ares had driven me back to his home. "You brought me to your house for our date?" I laughed, as I stood behind him, watching him unlock the front door. He scoffed, a smile on his face as we entered, "No, don't be silly, I forgot something." He replied, and I took my shoes off. "You have a lovely home." I said, my eyes wandering. "Thank you, I do try to keep it clean with the little one leaving her toys everywhere." He told me.

"Is it hard being a single father?" I asked him.

"To be frank, it is." He confessed, searching for whatever it was that we came back for. "But only because at the end of the day a father can't do everything a mother would for her child, but I do try for Lienna."

"Same situation for me also, I guess." I sighed- - "What are you looking for-"

"Found it." He said, raising a pair of keys. "What are those for?" I asked, and he shoved them into his coat pocket, "Just work keys which need to be kept safe, I'd rather it be with me." He answered and I nodded. We left soon after and he told me he had a reservation for two at a well recommended restaurant.

_______

"What's wrong?" I asked, once we had parked outside the restaurant which was, in fact, as beautiful as people had claimed it to be. I also noticed how quiet Ares had become. "I don't know if it would be less manly to admit that I am nervous about this date-" he muttered, dragging his hand down the side of his face.

My lips frowned at his sweetness, "Ares..."

"I haven't done this in a while- and I-" he began but I interrupted him, "Ares, look at me." I said, reaching for his face. His eyes met mine and I leant in to peck his cheek. "Confessing your feelings does not take away your masculinity. You never have to hide them from me." I smiled, and his face flushed.

Oh, this sweet, sweet man.. he was too good for me.

His eyes flickered down to my mouth and I unbuckled my seat belt, pulling away. "Shall we?" I said, and he seemed more relaxed with me.

I held his hand as we left the car and entered the restaurant, "Reservation under Shim." He said to the elderly man at front. He nodded and began flicking through pages of his book before ticking, what I was guessing to be- Ares's name.

"Welcome Mr and Mrs Shim." He said, clicking his fingers, summoning a waitress. I looked at Ares but he didn't seem fazed by the man mistaking me to be his wife. The waitress then led us to our beautiful table in what seemed like to be the V.I.P sector of the restaurant.

"Wow.." I said, as he pulled out my chair

Just as I was about to sit down, my eyes caught a familiar pair staring right back at me. My brows twitched as I took in his face just a couple tables down from our own. "Is everything alright?" Ares asked, and I sat down, "everything is fine, thank you." I cleared my throat.

"I'll just be one second, excuse me." He then said to me before leaving. I turned my head and watched him walk toward the table which Jeon was sat at along with two other men. I narrowed my eyes as Ares took out the keys from earlier and handed them to Jungkook. They exchanged a few words before Ares began making his way back, Jungkook's eyes flickering to mine.

"Have you looked at the menu?" I heard Ares's voice, but my mind wasn't to it. "Lia." He repeats, "Hm, sorry- I have." I said, looking down at the closed menu in front of me.