𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚏𝚘𝚞𝚛 🥀

I was sat in my office working through some of the ideas my colleagues had suggested, when my door suddenly opened without warning. I dropped the files and met eyes with Jungkook. "What are you doing here-"

"I know your secret." He interrupted me.

"What secret?" I asked, and he walked deeper into my office. I pushed my chair back when he moved around my desk to get closer to me, but he caught the head of my chair. He then tugged me closer and lowered his face to mine, "Did you think you could keep my daughter and I wouldn't find out?" He muttered, his jaw clenching and unclenching.

My eyes widened and I could feel my hands trembling against the arm rest. "I-I have no idea what your talking abou—hm!" His fingers had slid around my neck firmly choking me as he pulled me out of the chair. "Lia, do you take me as a fool?" He scoffed, rubbing his cheek on mine.

"Sh-she's not yours!" I gasped, and he groaned tightening his grip on my neck. "Then we'll make one that is mine." He abruptly spun me around and pinned me against my own desk. I grunted as the side of my face collided with the glass and his hand arched my back more. "And I know Hazel is mine." He then said, lifting my skirt. His chest pressed on my back as he leant over me, his hard groin rubbing on my tail bone. I whimpered. "She has my eyes." He grinned, on my skin.

My eyes shut, "Now wake up." He continued.

"Wake up, Lia."

"Wake up, Lia, or else you'll be late for work!" I then heard my mother's voice yell. I flinched and sat up in my- - bed?

A dream..?

"Shit, what time is it?" I hissed, at the slight migraine. I hadn't drank much alcohol last night. "Here, take this." She said, placing an aspirin in my palm. I muttered a thanks and swallowed it, reaching for my glass beside my phone— which read the day: Friday.

"Ugh, Ma! Today is Hazel's dance recital and so I had cleared my schedule at work remember?" I told her, "I'm not needed there today." I fell back into bed replaying the events of my dream. "Oh, yes." She replied, "I also dropped Hazel off at school not too long ago." She added before leaving my room.

I got out of bed and walked to my bathroom. My eyes adjusted to the light and I stared into the mirror. To be honest, I wouldn't know how to react if Jungkook were to ever find out about Hazel. And now that he's back, keeping her a secret may be more of a difficult task.

Imagine if he was to show up to my house unannounced? What would I do?

Or if he came when I wasn't home?

What if he sees my mother dropping Hazel to school-

The list of possibilities goes on and on..

I groaned slightly, and splashed my face with cold water, it woke me up but my mind was still flooded with the "What ifs.." I hated being vulnerable. I was simply waiting for him to find her.

I also couldn't just leave my Job. I can't be unemployed and support Hazel with only my savings. I know I could tell him about his daughter and let him help me support her, but I couldn't. Not when I didn't know where that money came from or whom it came from. I was about to brush my teeth when my phone began ringing. I contemplated if I should take it but the possibility of it being Hazel's school made me walk out the bathroom and get it.

It was a call from work, I picked up: "Daniel, I told you: no calls from work today-"

"Lia." Ares said, instead on the other end.

"Mr Shim. Oh." I replied. "I know our daughters dance recital is today and it is your day off but we really need you here." He explained, "It'll only take a few hours."

"Alright, what happened? I asked, to which he replied: "One of the colleagues lost the file for the headline designs and the meeting is in two hours; It's chaos."

My brows furrowed, "Did they not have a backup- - a copy?" I asked, and he sighed. "No. If they did, we wouldn't be having this call." He said.

"I'll be there in an hour. Till then, try to back up the file." I told him, "Thank you, Lia,"

There goes my rest in.
__________

At work:

"You can't be representing us if you can barely keep a file safe!" Mark, scolded the two colleagues. They were only young and on an internship. "Mark, let's relax a bit." I said, calmly. "The tech people are trying to take care of it, so in the meantime why not continue the prep for the upcoming meeting?" I told them, "and if the file isn't backed up we can always schedule another meeting for the designs." I added, and Mark turned to me.

"Lia, it wasn't easy gathering all the board leaders on a Friday morning." He told me.

"We'll figure something out. I have few original designs. I'm more than happy to lend you a few for back up." I suggested, "Excellent idea!" Mark announced, "However, all credits will be going to the rightful owner and therefore you'll be attending this meeting." He continued.

"What?" I said.

"Let's wrap this up, shall we?" Mark then said, ignoring me.

"Mark, may I have a word?" I asked, as the colleagues left us alone, he nodded, "Sure." I pulled him aside. "Mark, you know I need to be at Hazel's dance recital at three." I told him. His brows furrowed, "Worry not, Lia, if the meeting drags, you may leave. This dance recitals a big thing for her, huh-"

"Dance recital?" A familiar voice said, from behind me. I tensed and Mark looked up. "Mr Jeon." He greeted. "I'll be looking forward to seeing your designs." Jungkook continued, his voice becoming much clearer as he walked deeper into the conference room. Mark had suddenly and coincidentally got a phone call and excused himself politely.

I turned around, "You'll be attending the meeting?"

"I have nothing better to do with my morning." He answered, stepping closer, "Why not spend it in a conference room in which I could observe you myself?" He continued.

I scoffed, "It isn't me who you'll be observing, but my designs." I said and the edge of his lips curved up in amusement. "Now, if you excuse me-"

His hand caught my palm, the grin on his lips disappeared. "Stop acting as if I am no one to you, Lia." He said, his eyes falling slightly as he glanced down at me. "You are no one to me," I replied, taking my hand out of his. His eyes flickered to our hands. "Is there someone else?" He asked, his jaw ticking. I looked at him confused, "Has another man become worthy of your attention?" He continued, forcing me back as he stepped closer. "I-it's been four years-"

"And you said you'd wait for me." He cut me off.
I did wait, but then I gave up on us...

"Did you- - wait for me?" He then asked, his breathing becoming heavy as if he was trying to contain his anger and irritation.

"You're selfish." I answered, to which he let out a deep chuckle.

"You killed my unborn child." He said, and my mouth became dry.

"You w- would've left us regardless." I stammered.

"I'm a good man now, Lia." He said, relaxing his brows, "I just now need you to see it. I want you to know that I am the only man worthy of your attention, and not some other prick." I shook my head, "No, you can't, it's too late now-" I slipped out of his way and began walking until I felt his fingers grab a fist full of my shirt from behind. My eyes grew wide and I stumbled back into his chest.

"You can't resist me, Lia, I simply won't let you." He said, before his mouth came down onto mine.