Chapter 21

Rogue closed the door on her emotionless friend leaving her alone as she requested. Skate look at her as she walked over to him. He had been very concerned about his friend and ally. He had never seen her this way before. It made him as depressed as she was.

"She'll be fine"

"I know, but I just can't shake that feeling"

"Just push it out of your mind" Rogue told him, "focus on something else"

"If I had anything else to focus on I would"

"Think about the Grizzlies, the Hounds, anything is better than letting this bring you down"

His stare remained on the door to her room. He just didn't want her to be without a friend. Someone there to help her and make her feel better. Rogue sighed bringing his attention back to her.

"I promise she'll be fine Skate" she said, "just a little hurting, but that's what lets us all know we're human"

He nodded and walked over to join Sammy and Luke. Rogue thought back to the scene before the fire. Dillon. She put three fingers to her lips as she looked back at him talking to Fox and Calum. He noticed her and smiled at her. She waved slightly showing a little bit of her old awkward side. She snapped out of it as she realized Belle walking over. She had a victorious smirk on her face.

"What?"

"You and Mr. Rupp huh?"

"What!? No!"

"Rogue I've only seen you that awkward around one other person and th-"

"Stop now"

Belle laughed as she looked at her rose necklace. A present from Shawn. He gave it to her on her last visit. That jogged a question in a her head. She needed confirmation. She needed someone to tell her everything's alright, but she knew with Rogue she would have the truth. No matter what it was. 

"D-do you think Shawn is ok?"

"Ok as in?"

"As in he's not injured or dead Rogue"

Rogue thought it over. The Hounds are very smart she had to admit, but the Grizzlies are smarter. She didn't know of any abilities Shawn had. His fighting was excellent, but if it came to it would he be able to hold off someone like Liam Payne? Or Niall Horan? Would he be emotionally stable enough?

"Belle I'm going to tell you something" Rogue began, "I know I don't like him, but what I'm going to tell you is 100% the truth. I don't know. The Grizzlies could have left the Hounds alone, or could've attacked and killed all of those to no value of them. I don't know if Shawn is ok or not. I guess you'll have to wait it out and see."