Chapter 44

Rogue watched from the top of the steps down at the training room. Cameron was teaching them about Bo staffs. They're wooden rods. They're similar to using a crowbar or lead pipe. She sighed and flipped her hair behind her shoulder.

"Why don't you join them?" Nash asked from behind her

"For the same reasons you don't" she replied, "we're needed else where"

"Where are we going now?"

"No where" she said, "yet"

Nash shook his head and laughed. He grabbed her hand and watched with her. Belle was facing off with Shawn. Belle was pretty good. Shawn on the other hand was not. He kept dropping it and hitting himself on accident. Belle twirled the rod in her grasp. Shawn tried copying her but it slapped him in the side of the face. Belle stifled a giggle. Shawn quickly recovered and prepared himself.

"Are you ready Shawn?" Belle announced

"Yeah" Shawn smirked

He swung the rod and Belle rolled around it and took the rod striking him on the back with it. Shawn dropped the weapon and fell to his knees. Belle quickly kneel to check on him.

"Oh my god!" she exclaimed, "I'm so sorry I didn't mean to"

"No it's fine" Shawn said through gritted teeth

"I am so sorry Shawn" she began helping him up

She helped him up the steps and past Rogue. Rogue told Cameron they were excused for the day. Belle helped him into their room and laid him down. He grimaced in pain as she slowly laid him down on his stomach. When she turned there was a sound followed by the top of a blondes head out her window. Niall. She kissed the top of Shawn's head and told him she'd be back. She anxiously walked to the door an opened it stepping into the alley where he and Louis Tomlinson stood. Louis leaning against a brick wall with his arms crossed as Niall stood in front of her. She walked up to him.

"I said leave me alone"she growled

"See I don' remember that" Niall smirked, "I really need to speak with ya' Belle"

"No you don't"

"Yes I do" Niall replied, "I need to tell ya' how I really feel"

Little had Belle known that Shawn had gotten up. When she left he saw the top of the blonde's head too. With his back throbbing in pain he made his way down the steps and cracked the door just barely to see her standing face to face with Niall. He watched on.

"I have a boyfriend Niall!" Belle yelled, "Shawn"

"Yeah I know" Niall said bitterly, "but ya' could never have a normal life with him could ya' "

Shawn's heart dropped into his stomach. It began to ache.

"What?" Belle asked

"Don' lie Belle" Niall announced, "ya' know it's true. Ya' know that if ya' stay with Shawn you'll be burdened with tha' gang life forever. You'll never get tha' house in tha' suburbs with children. You'll always be surrounded by violence, pain, and theft. Everything you've ever dreamed of when ya' got married will be demolished. You'll never have ya' happy ever after with him."

Belle's heart throbbed as tears began to well up in her eyes. Shawn who was listening behind the door closed it softly. Turning his back to it and sliding down to the floor. Feeling like his energy had been drained. His tears spilling over his eyelids and down his cheeks.

"But with me" Niall added, "I have a way to clear our names. Gain a new identity. I can give ya' your fairy tale ending. You're happily ever after. If ya' just agree to come with me. I love ya' in a way that he never can. I can give ya' everything you've ever dreamed."

Belle's eyes fell to the concrete. She loved Shawn. In every way shape form and fashion, but Niall was right. Shawn could never give her the happy ending she always dreamed of receiving once this whole thing was over, but was Niall telling the truth? Did he really have a way to clear their names? To give her the fairy tale ending? To give her the house she always dreamed of? To be her knight in shining armor?

"Belle please no"

Belle's head snapped in the direction of a pleading Shawn. Tears still in his eyes and running down his broken face. Limping from his aching back.

"Shawn what are you doing?" She asked

Nash and Rogue noticed their voices from outside at the point. They both hurried to the door. Nash was about to go out when Rogue held him back. Staring through the crack in the door.

"I saw someone outside and wanted to see if you were okay" Shawn replied, "but listen to me. He may be able to give you material things. He may think he loves you, but he doesn't. I love you Belle. You're my everything. My heart and soul. You're the reason I live and breath. You're my rainbow after a thunderstorm. You're my best friend. My lover. You're the reason I smile. You make me feel like no one has ever before."

Belle was crying now. Not at the sad feeling that she knew that Shawn would never be able to give her a normal life, but the words coming from his mouth. In that moment her heart decided. She was Shawn. Only his. Ever. No one or nothing was ever going to change that. She went to grab his face when he took her hand. Shawn was unsteady on his feet and he knew it, but he got down on one knee anyway. Niall's mouth open to object, but Shawn began talking before he could.

"I want-" he cut himself off, "no, no I need you to be Mrs. Shawn Mendes. Please say you'll marry me?"

He pulled out the flower shaped ring. Belle's other hand covered her mouth. Joy swelling inside of her.

"Belle think about what you're gettin' into" Niall announced from behind her, "I could save you from this gang life"

"Maybe I don't want to be saved" Belle replied, "maybe this is a sign for me to stay in the gang life"

Her free hand then fell onto Shawn's cheek.

"With Shawn" she added, "yes Shawn Mendes I will marry you"

Shawn beamed up at her. He began to get up when he was tackled to the floor by a raging Niall. Louis holding Belle back as Niall began punching Shawn's face. His fist repeatedly beating him. His face filled with fury. He didn't stop. Even when Belle cried and screamed. Rogue and Nash sprinted into the alley. Rogue then tackled Niall. Grabbing him by the back of his shirt she pinned him against the brick alley walls. Nash had a hold of Louis.

"You better go home before this gets ugly" she snapped in his ear

He pushed her off someone and strut out with his companion. Rogue watched them before gathering with Nash and Belle to help Shawn up.