Chapter 24

BANG!

Rogue's head snapped in the direction of the main room. She turned to Dillon and they nodded running out. They found Belle trying to fight Cameron as he blocked her looking very bored and unimpressed. Rogue ran in between them and pushed Belle back.

"We are not starting anything" Rogue growled

"HE BEAT SHAWN IN THE BASEMENT BEFORE THE FIRE"

"That is none of my concern!"

Belle's glared lessened as she crossed her arms.

"I thought that they would cause the problem!" Dillon yelled, "but I guess I was wrong! If your going to get too involved in this we might as well say goodbye because we will be dead in no time!"

"Nobody said anything about dying" Taylor announced

"Well you keep this up and it's a for sure"

"That's a little dramatic don't you think?" Matt asked

"She made it dramatic so we countered" Rogue was backing up Dillon 100%

"I think everyone needs to calm down" Hayes interrupted

"Who are you again?"

Soon the rest of the Widow's, Omaha's, Diamond Knight's, and Queen Slay entered the room. Everyone's temper's flaring at an all time high. The Jacks were fighting with some of the Hounds about quitting. Belle was still trying to fight Cameron. Dillon and Nash were at each others throats. Rogue was trying to keep Belle under control with Shawn keeping up with Cameron.

"Rogue I think you made a huge mistake!" Belle screamed, "They'll never change! They will always be the asshole's we know them for!"

"Belle we have to put faith in them" Rogue replied, "give them a damn chance!"

"No I thought this would be good for us, but I guess my plan went wrong!"

The room fell silent. Belle's angry expression faded when she realized what she had just said. Rogue and Cameron took a step closer. Both had a shock of fear surge through them. Belle looked around worried as Shawn just shook his head. He never wanted anyone to know. No one.

"Belle what do you mean?" Cameron asked

"Its nothing"

"Belle" Rogue urged

The guilt was eating her alive. Everyone was looking at her. They were tuned in. She began to shake, her palms sweating. Shawn wanted to go to her. To drop all this nonsense and help, but he knew she had to find her own way out.

"Shawn and I made a plan" she sighed, "we thought maybe if we brought in a common enemy everything would sort itself out-"

"What did you do?" Rogue asked sternly

"I took The Claw"

Rogue felt light headed suddenly. She grabbed a hold of Dillon's shoulder for support as he wrapped his arms around her. The Claw is the Grizzlies most prized possession. It was a solid gold claw incrusted with different diamonds and gems. It was very valuable. They threatened to kill anyone who touched it.

"What have you done?!" Cameron yelled panic obviously taking over

"We thought it was a good idea"

"A good idea?!" Cameron screamed, "we're going to die and it's all because of you and him!"

Tears were flooding Belle's vision as Cameron continued to discipline her. She obviously had no idea of the repercussions. The Den and The Bank were burnt down and they were all on the Grizzlies wanted list because of their dumb plan to bring two rivals together. Rogue was still trying to process why. Why would she do this? She knew how dangerous they were. Why would she set out to bring them in? But Rogue knew she was obviously blinded by love. She watched Nash and Matt sit on the couch dazed as everyone else looked already dead. Suddenly a burst of courage filled Rogue.

"QUIET!"

Cameron stopped immediately. Belle had hot tears streaming down her face. Shawn hurriedly walked over to her holding her in his arms. All eyes were now turned to Rogue.

"You act as if we're already dead" she announced

"We basically are" Nash muttered

"Well I'm still kicking" Rogue said, "look what Belle done was very very stupid, but it doesn't mean the Grizzlies weren't already thinking about coming here and taking us all out. I mean damn a month ago I thought maybe they were all dead. It doesn't change the fact that we need to get over all this petty shit. Yes I hated all of you at one point. Right now though, the people in this very room look like our only shot at surviving, and if you can't cooperate by all means the door is right there. I'm not sitting here and sulking. I'm getting ready for war."

Everyone stood still. Not moving an inch. They looked around as if taking everyone and everything in. Dillon smiled and patted her shoulder. Others still considering the thought. To Rogue it was live or die. That choice was simple. She was hoping everyone would stick with her on her side.

"You know sometimes you guys can be a pain in the ass" Carter announced, "But your damn right"

He stride over shaking Rogue's hand and joining their side.

"I'm too young to die" Matt said simply copying Carter's reaction

The others began to join in. Until it was Cameron standing alone.

"Cameron I'm not asking you to forget everything that's happened in the past" Rogue told him, "I'm asking you to help us. Not me, us"

He looked around and ran a hand through his long hair. He looked at the floor with deep thought. Maybe Rogue and the others would be the difference between life and death for him, but was he ready to hand everything over to his rival? Was he ready to give everything up? Was he ready for that?

"It's already obvious you were going to loose your leadership soon anyway" Dillon looked over at Shawn

"You have my consent"

"I need your word Cameron" Rogue replied, "your word that you are with us"

"You have it then"

Everyone broke into smiles, and after that moment labels were suspended. There was no Hounds. No Widow's. No Omaha's. No Diamond Knight's or Queen Slay. They were one once again. Under one roof. All working together.

They were the Aces.