Chapter 42

Cars zipped past Shawn and Rogue on their way back to the hide out. Shawn holding the ring in his hands. Smiling. He was going to marry the girl he loves. Belle. He was going to be with her forever. The rest of their lives. Neither of them would be alone again. Shawn put the ring back in the box and sat it in the cup holder. Rogue smirked.

"Nervous?" she asked

"Yeah a little" Shawn smiled, "but I can do it"

"Just don't chicken out"

He laughed and she joined him. They pulled into a family diner. One unfamiliar to Shawn, but it was Rogue's childhood. She turned off the car and examined the front of the building. Shawn sat confused.

"Where are we?" Shawn said

"Somewhere very important to me"

She opened the car door and got out. Shawn copied her. She stood there. In front of the building she hadn't seen in years. It only reminded her of Nash. She looked at Shawn before walking inside. Checkered floor. Metal counter. Oldies feel to it. Shawn and Rogue sat down at a booth together. Rogue eyeing the old juke box in the corner.

----------------------------------------------

Rogue's pov:

I could see myself again. Younger. Waiters apron around my waist. I slipped a quarter into the music machine. A smile on my face. Another girl behind the counter. Same face. Same eyes. Same age. My twin sister. She disappeared into the back. I began dancing around cleaning up tables as I went. Picking up plates and silverware and cups.

Wiping off tables with a dish rag. Stacking all the dirty dishes up and sending them to the back. Smiling and laughing. An innocent girl I was. No idea of the pain and hardship I would go through. No idea how many emotions would surge through my body as I grew. No idea of the people I would meet, and the lifestyle I would take.

I clean off another table. When I watched my younger self stand tall. I wondered what happened. My younger self looked outside. I turned to see a group of boys. Young boys. Cameron, Matt, Carter, Johnson, and Gilinsky. I was met with the pale crystal eyes of Nash. Younger Nash. His hair flipped up in the front instead of his slicked back style. Lighter brown with the blonde streak instead of the dark shade it is now. My younger self quickly turned back to clean the table as the bell signaled that he had come inside.

----------------------------------------------

"Can I take you're order?"

Shawn looked at Rogue. She was spaced out. Looking at a juke box.

"Uh Rogue?" Shawn announced

She came back to reality. Her head snapped over to Shawn who motioned to the waiter.

"No thank you" Rogue muttered

She kept her head down. Shawn was confused. That was when he looked up at waitress. It was like looking at a picture of Rogue. Almost exact. Shawn looked back at Rogue before turning back to the waitress.

"I'm not hungry"

The waitress nodded before walking away. Shawn looked at Rogue concerned.

"Any reason you wanted to bring me here?" Shawn asked

"Do you know where we are?" Rogue replied looking around, "this is where we all started"

"What do you mean?" he said

"The Aces" Rogue explained, "this is where I met Nash. This is my family's diner. A long time ago I worked here with my family. Nash came in here while I was washing down a table. I went to go take the dishes to the back and he knocked them out of my hands. That's where the Aces, the Black Widow's, everything happened. It all started here."

"Really?"

Shawn looked around the old diner. Picturing it.

"Yeah" Rogue chuckled, "really"

They looked around again. Rogue smiling as she did.

"So that's-"

"My twin" she cut him off, "I don't want to talk about it"

She could remember like it was yesterday. Staring into those eyes from the first time. Feeling that loved emotion. Hearing his smooth voice.

"Rogue what do you want?" Shawn asked

"What?" Rogue replied

"What do you want?"

"Shawn what do you mean?"

"I know what Nash wants" Shawn explained, "he wants to be with you, but the thing is that he never asked what do you want?"

Rogue was as still as a statue. Nash wants to be with her.

"If Nash wanted to be with me he would've told me instead of saying that we should stay friends" Rogue retorted

"No he didn't want to hurt you" Shawn said

"I don't need to be shielded from hurt" Rogue snapped, "I can handle it myself"

"He cares about you"

She looked at him. He was telling her the truth. Her attention drawn over to the table. She saw the younger self again. Running into Nash. The dishes spilling all over the floor. Looking into his eyes. The wink. The paper with his number on it. Watching him walk out all over again.

Rogue grabbed his wrist and pulled him out to the car. It roared to life as she sped down the street. She drifted into the alley and walked inside. She let Shawn go in first and join the others downstairs for training. She stormed inside to see Nash at her desk. Leaning back against it. Leather jacket, t-shirt, skinny jeans, and grey converse. He looked up at her. Walked up to him.

"Hey Ro-"

She grabbed the collar of his leather jacket. Slamming her lips into his. His hands on her waist. Her arms snaking around his neck. She loved Nash. She cared about Nash. Lips moving in sync. Filled with love. They pulled away and looked into each others eyes.

"I love you Hamilton Nash Grier" Rogue told him breathlessly

"I love you too Rosie" he replied