Chapter 25

Silence. No noise. Nothing. Cameron coughed sending a small sound through the conference room. Rogue looked to her right at Belle who was finding her finger nails suddenly very interesting. On the other side of her was Queen Slay and Luke. Luke fidgeting in his seat as Queen Slay kept her eyes on the table. Carving every dent, very curve of the complex pattern in her head. Rogue looked to her left to see a distracted Dillon. His left hand to his mouth as he stared off into space about nothing in particular as his right hand was free on the arm rest. Next to him was Skate who examined the people at the table waiting for someone to talk.

Across from Rogue was Nash and Cameron. Cameron looking at his shoes in spite of the awkwardness. Nash was a different story. She stared right into his crystal striking eyes. He stared right back at her. Not even blinking. Rogue felt something in her chest. Like she couldn't breath. She shifted in her seat towards Dillon who was still staring off into space. She grabbed his hand and laced their fingers together. He broke out of his trance to look at her and give a weak smile kissing her knuckles.

"Is someone going to talk or are we going to sit here like a bunch of anti-social bitches" Skate announced leaning back in his chair and crossing his arms

"I was going to let the awkwardness go through but if you're so impatient" Rogue replied, "we have called every leader and second in command to this meeting to discuss a new way of leading. Belle, Queen Slay, Luke, and I decided that we should be a committee instead of having one sure leader. Therefore no one has all the power."

"What is this a government?" Cameron chuckled

"We don't want someone telling us what to do and we know none of us leader's want to give up our spot" Queen Slay said

"I say we vote on a leader though" Skate responded, "as much as I hate to think of me not running things"

"Then what will we do with the other leaders?" Rogue asked

"They can become second in commands" Nash commented crossing his arms

"Would anyone else like to vote for this?" Rogue offered

Dillon, Nash, and Luke raised their hands. Now was the hard part. Picking out of the 4 leaders there. There was Skate. Very laid back, calm, good fighter, but his only down side was he didn't really discipline his guys which made them reckless. Then Queen Slay. Cunning, sneaky, cooperative, the only down side being the love of money which blinded her of the actual fighting. Next was Cameron Dallas. Ruthless, selfish, cowardly, but Cameron did know how to fight and was very good at it. Last Rogue. The very leader of the Black Widow's. Good fighter, great strategies, knows how to cool everyone down, her down side is her flaming temper. No one in the new gang has seen it yet, but it gets bad.

"So how are we going to vote?" Queen Slay looked around the table

"I saw we don't let Cameron" Belle mumbled

"If your going to say something about me say it out loud" Cameron growled from across the table

"I agree with Cameron being dismissed from the leader vote" Rogue agreed

"Why?!" He yelled

"Because your a back stabbing, selfish, son of a bitch" Nash announced

"Looks who's talking?" Cameron spat

"Sit the hell down before you get your ass beat" Skate said 

Cameron plopped down into his seat crossing his arms like a pouting 6-year-old.

"Let's let the whole gang decide who takes over as leader" Dillon threw out

"Yeah let's do that" Skate replied

"And no one is going to be bitching and whiny about it correct?" Queen Slay asked

Rogue nodded her head checking with Skate to make sure he was agreeing as well. They all stood and walked out of the conference area. Rogue began to shake. She knew how all of Skate's old gang thought of him. She knew they walked around daily talking about how great a leader he was. How they'd never get punished or yelled at. It made Rogue think they knew this was coming, but she wasn't pointing fingers.

"So what we've decided to do" Nash announced, "is vote on a Aces leader. Cameron Dallas will not be participating so your choices are between old Queen Slay and the Diamond Knights leader Abby otherwise known as Queen Slay. Old Black Widow's leader Rosie or Rogue. Lastly old Omaha Boys leader Nathan Maloley or as everyone calls him Skate."

"So uh we are going to call their names one by one and show of hands will tell us who becomes the new leader" Dillon added, "so we will start off with Queen Slay"

Luke, Calum, and Michael raised their hands along with Cameron. Rogue knitted her eyebrows towards him. she knew something was up. She didn't exactly know what, but there's something up. Nash counted them and said the number to Belle who wrote them down on a piece of paper.

"Skate" Dillon said

Sam, the Jacks, Taylor, Hayes, Carter, Matt, and Aaron raised there hands. Nash counted again and told Belle. Rogue's stomach dropped as she looked at all the hands.

"Rogue"

Fox, Raven, Snake Eyes, Belle, Shawn, Nash, Dillon, and Ashton's hands shot into the air. She smiled at her loyal crew as they beamed up at a counting Nash. He whispered it to Belle. Rogue didn't like the way Belle looked when she heard. She looked at her friend in sympathy while writing the number down. She stood and walked over to the leaders.

"I'm sorry to inform Queen Slay that she will not be leading the Aces"

Queen Slay shrugged and sat next to Raven in the floor. Leaving Skate and Rogue standing before the new gang. They swapped a fearful looked before Belle began to talk again. She cleared her throat.

"It seems we have a tie"