𝟥𝟢 | every shade of green

— come on, let's get you home .
— but i am home .

↳ currently playing ;; ♫[ cornelia street ] - [ taylor swift ]↺       <<          ll          >>     ⋮≡ᴠᴏʟᴜᴍᴇ: ————•

[ cornelia street ] - [ taylor swift ]
↺       <<          ll          >>     ⋮≡
ᴠᴏʟᴜᴍᴇ: ————•

𝓟ower walking our way downtown, the worst possible scenarios plagues my mind. Why on earth is he in downtown? Had he gotten into an argument with Uncle Jonah? Were the paparazzis bothering him? And why is he drunk, suddenly I remembered the very thought that he only specifically drinks when he's trying to forget something. My anxiety spikes and Z next to me notices, I was about to sprint towards the friendly zebra pedestrian line when Z pulled me by the hem of my dress and I choked like a dog on a leash.

I snapped back to reality when a red car zoomed past honking, I looked back at Z dazed and a little confused he still holds me, pointing at the glowing red sign across the street with his free hand noting that it wasn't our turn to cross.

"Listen Princess, I get that you're worried—but if you could just focus on where you're going for a moment and not give us a real reason to worry—"

I furrowed my eyebrows. "What do you mean real reason? Aren't you worried about T?" He exhales realizing his wrong choice of words. I looked at my friends behind us, they were busy discussing God knows what, My gaze went back to Z.

"Of course I'm worried, that's not what I meant—this isn't the first time T's done this believe it or not. I was just trying to make you laugh and ease up a bit is all." His tone softens scratching the back of his neck, the light flashes a little walking man alerting us to go as the light flickers to numbers counting down. The seconds in between our steps to the other side of the road gave me enough time to realize that I reacted inappropriately to his attempt of making me feel better now I feel like a puddle of mistakes.

"I'm sorry, I don't mean to make you feel like that I was just—" I sighed and he shushes me still matching my pace as my friends lead the way.

"No no, I completely get it." His lips curled into a smile, "I will say though I'm a bit upset, I was just rearing to ask you something when this came up." That piqued my interest. I raised a brow.

"Shoot."

We zigzag our way in the busy streets with people buzzing in all sorts of direction, I wait for him to answer.

"I was hoping to invite you for dinner.. with my parents. They're coming back to Toronto after their business trip; and I don't think I can face them without you." He scratches the back of his neck.