𝟥𝟣 | rekindled connection

— i think you and i make an amazingly stupid pair !
... as friends of course .

↳ currently playing ;; ♫[ the exit ] - [ conan gray ]↺       <<          ll          >>     ⋮≡ᴠᴏʟᴜᴍᴇ: ————•

[ the exit ] - [ conan gray ]
↺       <<          ll          >>     ⋮≡
ᴠᴏʟᴜᴍᴇ: ————•

     "𝓣wo days before your big move out day and what are you doing? You're binge watching One Tree Hill." My dad lulls his head back; overstating what I'm currently doing which is so not true by the way.. okay fine I may have been watching for seven hours straight, what's so wrong with binge watching a show with Chad Michael Murray?

I groaned, letting my body fall limp off the couch, I unwillingly tapped the rubbery red button, and the TV followed with a quick static.

    He's right though, what am I supposed to do with approximately 48 hours left in Toronto? I mean I can go to the local library one last time, go to Daisy Mart and chat with Devon a bit, I mean I can also go to downtown and revisit all the places I have been in my entire life, but now that I'm thinking of it, my life has felt so vivarium. I don't mean it in a negative connotation, At all— despite of dreaming to be somewhere else all my life, I'm going to dearly miss the familiar feel of Toronto.

     My dad noticed my frustration, he walks backwards from the kitchen, a silly spoon of peanut butter in his mouth, he pops it out before speaking, "You know, this would be a great time to buy souvenirs for your friends." His voice muffles.

     I scoffed, "Leaving mementos is such a cliché, and besides I won't be gone for that long, we have winter and summer break, whatever works." I despise the idea of relics and anything to remember by, something about it makes it seem as if that would be the last time you'll meet someone, agh! I hate thinking about it, now's not a great time either to be pondering over such eerie things, you know what, he should've just left me rotting on the couch watching One Tree hill.

"Chances are those short school breaks won't align with yours. I'm telling you Y/n." My dad's voice has a tinge of warning in it, I get his point—perhaps he's right, it would be kinda rude if I just left without giving a non-official farewell gift to my friends and family who's supported me through all this.

"I hate when you're kinda right." I surrendered, accepting my defeat.

"I love it when I'm right! Another point to the wise dad." He celebrates doing a little tap dance, I rolled my eyes.

He charged at me and I was taken aback, dragged me off the floor with both of my flailing arms like a rag doll. "Now get up and get going, you're wasting daylight! Go!"